Discussion: Beto Nabs Highly Sought-After Top Obama Aide As Campaign Manager

No, they did not.

No they did not.

Congress did not okay any of that, so there is no oversized check on its way to being cashed.

Stop panicking. You’ll live longer.

3 Likes

Sounds like it’s all over so why bother trying.

1 Like

Of course,we don’t know what private feelers to potential donors has produced either.

1 Like

We haven’t even gotten to the first debate and you’re already consigning a leading candidate to the “can’t win” column?

Joaquin Castro will go up against Cornyn and has a better chance of winning if Beto is on the Presidential ticket b/c it REALLY puts Texas in the swing-state mode.

But all of this is way too early speculation.

2 Likes

Deja vu for election night 2018 – the Blue wave isn’t happening, the Democrats might not win a big enough majority to matter… then 40 seats later, Oh! the Blue Wave DID happen.

1 Like

If Biden doesn’t run, I expect he’ll endorse someone to take the wind out of Bernie’s sails…

2 Likes

Well, considering the competition, his total lack of qualifications, and the fact that the last President who went directly from the House to the Presidency was James Garfield 130 years ago, I’d say his odds are zero to none.

True. But given who the enemy is, you will forgive me for wanting someone with proven substance rather than your estimation of character, not knowing you before today and all.

1 Like

How nice that we don’t actually have to have a primary, since you’ve already decided who can and cannot win. You should inform the other candidates so that they can withdraw accordingly.

And how nice that you’ve decided that O’Rourke will be engaging in illegal activity going forward. You should let him know that you’ve already decided his future career for him.

2 Likes

He’s a purity troll. Nothing and nobody is ever good enough for him. He spends far more of his time bashing potential allies than he does his enemies.

4 Likes

Nope, only Palin. And the fact that you are pretending that they are exactly alike shows just how deeply obsessed you are and how disconnected from reality.

You first have to establish precisely what “qualifications” are, in your opinion, critical to success as a President. Then you have to establish that these qualifications are, in fact, critical to that success by citing specific examples of past Presidents who did or did not possess those qualifications and demonstrating that their success, or lack thereof, could be determined by these qualifications. Then you have to establish that O’Rourke is missing those qualifications.

You’ve been challenged multiples times by multiple people here to show this. You never have, mostly because you cannot. I can start you off with a free clue: “experience” ain’t gonna cut it, as that will fail the test of actual Presidents who were and who were not “experienced.” There is no correlation between experience and performance in office as President.

And after you’ve done all that, you have to establish why you have accused the candidate of illegal activity, “grifter,” - a person who engages in petty or small-scale swindling.

And you’ve done all of this on the basis of nothing but blind prejudice. Which, come to think of it, could be said of the majority of your posts here.

3 Likes

Your opinion, which is worth one O-Rourke minus nine million dollars.

1 Like

Are you kidding? Experience matters enormously. Beto is no Abe Lincoln. If you think experience doesn’t matter, maybe your next door neighbor can perform your next colonoscopy.

3 Likes

Actually, that’s incorrect. Experience does not matter “enormously.” It doesn’t even matter, mostly because there is no experience that is equivalent to being President, as pretty much every President ever has stated repeatedly. If you look at the list of Presidents that we’ve had, there is no real correlation between “experience” and performance in office.

Actually experience matters, in the presidency and everything else in life. There is a correlation, all right. How did Bush the Dumber’s lack of experience work out for us? Of course there are exceptions, like Nixon - because having experience does not guarantee success, but having little or none guarantees failure. Every president was grateful for the experience they did have. Jack Kennedy famously said nothing can prepare one for the presidency - and he had only 14 years’ legislative experience (without much to show for it, quite frankly) with PT-109 being his executive experience. The older and wiser you get, the more you see the importance of competence and the consequences of incompetence. Dad was right on that one.

No, there really isn’t. The most experienced President of the past 50 years or so was probably George H. W. Bush. He was only a middlin’ President. Obama was one of the least experienced and yet he did pretty well.

Bush the Younger’s problem wasn’t lack of experience, it was lack of intelligence, just as is true of Trump. You cannot find a pattern among our 45 presidents where “experience” matters.

The least experienced, after Trump, was Bush the Dumber. And the truth about Bush 41 (who had less experience than Nixon or Johnson, for that matter) is for all the positions he held, were for short periods. Go ahead and study the guy. Obama is the best definition of outlier there is, and he still had a hell of a CV.

Maybe just anyone can do your job; I don’t know. Not mine. Not most that count. Certainly not the Cabinet positions. Or the woman or man who will do your next colonooscopy.

We’re talking about the Presidency here, not about other jobs. There is no job that truly prepares you for being President. I’m sorry you’re having so much trouble with this but a quick Google search would show you that this question has come up over and over again.

I repeat: there is no correlation between “experience” and performance as President. Shrub and Trump were both ignorant, intellectually incurious, and blindly partisan. No amount of “experience” can correct for these faults.

So every meaningful job except the President of the United States requires experience. Got it. I need no Google search, quick or otherwise, because I have studied the presidents, especially the modern ones, many of whom I have lived through.

No one is overlooking that stuff. It takes far more political skill to almost win a Senate seat in Texad than it takes to win a Senate seat in Illinois.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available