Discussion: Barricade Crashing Secret Service Agents Drove Through Bomb Scene

Are not very many people applying for Secret Service positions because otherwise I cannot understand how people with less sense of responsibility than an average middle school kid are getting hired. Perhaps their previous employers are lying in their teeth to get rid of them?

1 Like

At 11:45 p.m. the bomb team determined that the package was not an explosive. It was a book.

No, she’s right. It was a bomb.

7 Likes

“the two Secret Service agents, including one who is a top member of President Barack Obama’s security detail, allegedly crashed a car into White House security barricades.”

Uhm, you meant “was formerly a top member of President Barack Obama’s security detail,” didn’t you?

5 Likes

I don’t think he’s been fired yet - that is what I find the most distressing part of this story.

2 Likes

this is so effed, beyond belief

OMG. That was one of the best of the best and that’s difficult to pick a best, because they were all so good

Can you imagine the pure comedy gold that would have ensued if it had been a real bomb? Actually the news story would have been quite different. They would have died heroically in the line of duty, case closed.

Let’s see…2 secret service men are driving drunk (one)…they crash into barricades (two)…they are free to DRIVE home (three and four)…a woman tosses a package and yells “its a bomb” and is allowed to drive away (five)…and when questioned at home is not arrested (six), the drunk drivers run OVER the bomb (seven)

I am going to have to say that the barricade not damaging the car, while a problem, has to be ranking pretty damn low in this cluster of problems.

4 Likes

I will speculate that the reason there was no damage to the car is that it probably did not actually “crash” into the barricade. The word “crash” is probably being used for histrionic “journalistic” effect here. It’s much more likely that the car entered the scene at relatively low speed, everybody involved probably figured out quickly that Something Was Wrong, and the car was stopped quickly, but made contact with a barricade in the process. Which is now being described as a “crash” so that all the fart-huffers can have an apoplexy.

Now, granted, my interpretation could very well be wrong, but it does fit the available evidence better.

Also, I am not trying to defend drunk driving. However (and this IS disgraceful), we don’t know if these OFF-DUTY agents were actually legally intoxicated. We will never know at this point. Which in itself should be illegal behavior.

The story here is that the agents were not tested by taking an immediate blood sample and preserving it for the record and testing of all possible intoxicating agents. Not just alcohol.

Two guys swinging by their place of work (for whatever reason, so long as it was legal) on the way back from an office party is not a story.

Being able to drive through an active bomb-scene investigation IS a huge story … and the serious problem is in how the SOBER Secret Service agents were handling containment of the scene. The secondary part of that is once the agents who compromised the scene were determined to be POSSIBLY intoxicated, there should have been a strict procedure in place to immediately determine that status without delay.

1 Like

I will speculate, with probably a high degree of certainty, that the woman who threw the package is white.

1) No mention was made of her race, because if it had been a black woman that would have been detailed form the first hint of this story hitting the wires.

2) She was not arrested and incarcerated, pending her complete and full payment of all costs incurred by her TERRORISTIC THREATS and ACTIONS.

My brain is in melt down that this woman was not booked and charged, and that she be made to reimburse the government for all costs involved in this stunt.

4 Likes

Can anyone straighten out the Secret Service? These guys are pathetic Keystone Kops.

We’re now on day 2 of hearing news about secret service agents crashing their car and the toss-aside part of all of this is “a woman jumped out of her car, threw a package at the white house and yelled ‘It’s a bomb!’” ?! Shouldn’t THAT be the newsworthy part?

2 Likes

This is really beyond the pale. Driving drunk, showing up at work drunk–that work being some of the most demanding in the world, being late to work due to crashing your car at the entrance–while simultaneously interrupting and contaminating an ongoing crime scene.
If I were Obama, I think I’d be Googling “Private Security Services” about now.

Something tells me stuff like this “bomb” throwing happens a lot around central DC.

The few times I’ve been there, there were plenty of strange people wandering around. Especially in that park across from the White House

At least they didn’t bring the hookers with them.

1 Like

I’ve heard that they have problems because the potential hires think they’re going straight onto the Presidential detail, then find out they have to do low-level uniform guard work. Maybe we ought to reverse the process.

Yeah - pay them four times the gov’t pay rate and hire the same bunch of clowns to do the work. Just like Pisswater

No, the Keystone Kops are like Mossad compared to the current SS.

Try your hand and the new internet meme: Secret Service agent, or candidate in the GOP presidential primary?

I agree how HILARIOUS is this story. Pathetic but hilarious! So investigating a bomb scene with the package suspected of being a bomb. The 2 drunk off duty Secret Service agents drive into the scene crashing into a barricade and drive over the package confirming that it was not a bomb. Ending the investigation. Nice Secret Service work there guys. LMAO

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available