Discussion: Barr Insists That He's Protecting The Presidency, Not Just Trump

Protecting the presidency … the thing is, that’s not his job. It’s the White House Counsel who is in charge of defending the office of the President, not the Attorney General.

As I was reading up on candidates in advance of the KY primaries, I saw a similar slip by a Republican candidate for state Attorney General. Under the topic of illegal immigration and sanctuary cities, it says, “Wil Schroder pledges to enforce the laws of Kentucky and the United States of America in regard to illegal immigration.” Except, to the best of my knowledge, the state AG is there to enforce state laws, not federal laws.

It’s just amazing to me that these lawyers don’t understand their own job descriptions.

1 Like

He finally realized the lifetime membership at Mar-a-largo isn’t worth the price.

Shorter Barr: “I’m only protecting the presidency, not the president; but even if I were protecting Donald Trump specifically, what the fuck are you going to do about it?”

Whoa! What development occurred to make Billy Barr change his tactics? Defending the First Grifter wasn’t gaining traction? “We’re actually protecting the PRESIDENCY, not Trump necessarily…!!!” Give me a break…

More sleight of hand. You don’t have to be a “Master of the Obvious” to know this is more bullshit. More distraction. He should be protecting the people from this intelligence challenged President, rather than the President from the people! House of Peoples Representatives.

And then he said…no seriously, listen… he said, “I’m protecting the presidency.”

Attorney General William Barr is insisting that he signed on to be
President Donald Trump’s attack dog to protect the institution of the
presidency — not just the man currently holding the title.

Clearly Barr is following the wrong job description. The DoJ is supposed to be nonpartisan and not the private personal lawyer to the president. They are supposed to follow evidence and not fucking lie about it in public or private.

1 Like

Congress is the most powerful branch of government under the Constitution. Any simple reading of the Constitution makes that plain.

The phrase “coequal branches” appears nowhere in the Constitution, nor in The Federalist Papers. It is long past time that members of Congress read the damned document and accept their place in the constitutional order. At the top.

Hogswaddle! Bullfeathers! I think he doth protest too much. “The 3 S’s” (Spin, Swerve and Squirm) are on full display again…

Here’s the thing, as I see it. ‘The Presidency’ has never needed “protection” like this. Only corrupt presidents need protection like this. And, ‘The Presidency’ least of all needs protection from Congress or the People…

It’s exceedingly clear that the only thing Barr is protecting here is the Cheetoh Tortellini…

How about you protect us from this presidency you fat f***?

Well, someone has to pick up where Ironman left off.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available