Discussion: Barr Insists That He's Protecting The Presidency, Not Just Trump

Well bless my heart. If your only doing this to also protect the presidency then my mistake…carry on!

One of the remarkable developments of the era is the rise of ‘conservatives’ who are so conservative that they disdain the constitutional project. After the textualists who brilliantly find reasons to ignore the text and the originalists uninterested in what the words actually meant, we now have the pre-constitutionalists, who think of the founders as primarily interested in making minor tweaks to monarchy. For them, the president is King George on a timer. Or King George as he wished could be.

1 Like

As the Bard and the late Sam Ervin said, “Methinks he doth prortest too much.”

1 Like

“Barr Insists That He’s Protecting The Presidency, Not Just Trump“

And we all know what a paragon of unbiased honesty Barr is

1 Like

Because we are taking far too long to bend to his will. It’s like the guy who marries a strong woman and right away starts (sometimes literally) trying to beat her into the shape of some more subservient vassal he wants her to be.

1 Like

Absolutely. This is what the Republican party has been aiming for since Nixon (may have started with Goldwater actually). The Republican party is full bore authoritarian, and it only represents thieving oligarchs - American and otherwise.

Trump knows and doesn’t try to hide it. What the Republicans and oligarchs don’t understand, because they don’t know much about anything, is that Trump will come after the Republicans too.
Here’s Trump discussing his understanding of his lapdog Barr.

3 Likes

True, however he is on record favoring an imperial presidency, so yes, he is “protecting tRUmp”.

1 Like

He’s protecting the Plutocracy. He’d abandon Trump in heartbeat, if Kochs were in any danger…

1 Like

I guess this crooked fuck must have been jerking during the Clinton presidency.

If Barr is still A.G. by the end of this summer, we will have made a grave mistake. He must be removed.

1 Like

2 Likes

But Democrat Presidents are clearly only errand boys for Trey Gowdy, Jason Cheiffetz, Mitch McConnell et al.

Some animals are more equal than others.

3 Likes
  1. his job definition as AG does not include “protecting tRUmp” or the presidency, but enforcement of the constitution and laws passed by Congress

2. I am confident when I say “Barr insists that he’s protecting a Republican presidency” because how many times can we point to where this douchebag protected say, Obama’s presidency? Where did he way in on the side of the executive re: Garland appointment?

full of shit asshole

2 Likes

Its bad enough that Trump lies prolifically every day…Barr has no need to follow suit, he has already destroyed his credibility many times over.

1 Like

That struck me. One thing to keep in mind is they deal with a entirely different concept of honor and integrity. I am not saying that to be snarky. They have their own. This crowd of people literally do not grasp the concepts the way the rest of us do. My view is they operate on a completely different code. We see it in business, cut throat and proud of it, asshole as a title and extreme loyalty built on covering each other’s backs until it is no longer convenient. It is a more refined version of the good ol’boys club. They can lie to your face without concern, they think you are weaker and undeserving of anything better. That last part is the one to be concerned with. Whatever the pay off is for Barr or any of the Trump cronies, they consistently project that disdain towards anyone that is not them. Honor and integrity is reserved stock to be given to a select few. Until, as said, it is no longer convenient.

No one will ever match the Don in that regard…he is simply the worst.

1 Like

About as believable as his 4 page “summary” report.

1 Like

More of a Goodfellas if you ask me

1 Like

To me, these people are scarier than those in the photo.

Listen, Mr.Ball of Grease so-called Attorney General; protect the widdle weenie so-called pwesident all you want.
JUST DON’T LIE when you do, BUSTER !

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available