Discussion: Avenatti For President: Stormy Daniels’ Lawyer Mulls 2020 Run

Here’s one Democrat who definitely will not vote for him.

5 Likes

Avenatti doubled down on his position later on CNN, telling Jim Sciutto that he has “brains, heart and courage,” or “three things that this President lacks.”

Left unsaid is that Avenatti has a functioning and incisive intelligence.

8 Likes

I like his gumption, enjoy his appearances on MSNBC, but dude, c’mon, enough already.

10 Likes

Don’t you have a job to finish, Avenatti?

6 Likes

Good. We haven’t had enough clown shows yet.

4 Likes

Avenatti is best as a sniper, not a foot soldier or general. But at thiis point I would vote for a rattlesnake over Trump.

11 Likes

I agree. Had more Bernie supporters held their noses and voted for Hillary, we wouldn’t all be holding our noses now.

7 Likes

I don’t know about running for president but I think all the votes are in about whether this guy’s exploiting the situation for cheap publicity. Pretty disappointing.

4 Likes

While the names I’ve heard of mentioned on the Democrat side are interesting, I haven’t been very impressed yet. But then I wasn’t for Obama at first as I didn’t think he could win (he was the best president in my lifetime). That’s also the issue with the crop of possibles now. So, I understand his feeling of “we need someone who can win”. If nothing else, Trump has dispelled the notion (as far as sane folks are concerned) that political experience is not a job requirement.

3 Likes

Sure. Our party imposed on us the worst candidate in recent memory, one who wrote off entire swaths of the white working class, but make that inevitable defeat the result of an imaginary abandonment by the left.

Doesn’t matter that almost all Bernie voters did pull the lever for Hillary. You can still punch hippies whenever you want…

3 Likes

In politics ANY publicity is GOOD publicity. For me this announcement is like a glass of champagne this morning, maybe there is hope.

3 Likes

“Almost all” is not a statistic.

4 Likes

OK nothing personal to anyone but we have four months to save this country and relitigating the you-know-who-bro thing for the eleventy million and thirty-seventh time is probably not the best use of the remaining weeks. Just saying. Let’s not start it or keep it going if someone else does, please, it’s important.

19 Likes

Again, the point is that the candidate was atrocious and actively pushed away potential supporters. Remind me, how many times did she visit Wisconsin during the general election campaign?

But, sure, blame it on the Bernie voters.

I’m not blaming Clinton’s loss on the Bernie voters. Trump’s election was a systemic failure at all levels, with the components adding up to this disaster. That doesn’t make your claim that “almost all Bernie voters pulled the lever for Hillary” any more true.
If Bernie had won the nomination, I would have been first in line to vote for him over Trump. And I’ll do the same in 2018 and 2020. But let’s be intellectually honest about what happened.

7 Likes

And Michael Avenatti would be a horrible candidate! Let’s get a serious, experienced progressive to bring the party together.

3 Likes

Seriously I’m disappointed. He seemed like the mongoose type who was going to outmaneuver all the cobras. Now he just seems like a self-promoter saying anything he can to stay in the game.

5 Likes

If Hillary was such a terrible candidate, then I guess that makes Sanders even worse, because he lost the primary to her. :smirk:

6 Likes

“Almost all” is not a statistic.

So true. The fact that 12 percent of Bernie supporters voted for Trump is simply mind-blowing. Plus, I’m a hippie, so that’s two strikes against your supposition.

4 Likes