Discussion: At Republican Conference, Trump Slams Clinton For Recent Statement On Women

jeepers plucky - I can’t imagine living like that (paragraph one)

2 Likes

The Sexual Predator in Chief needs to STFU. And learn how to correctly refer to Director Mueller, who is not the head of any fancy council.

2 Likes

Nope. It’s going to be a bluish dark pink tsunami

3 Likes

It’s 53% of white women who voted. Not 53% of all white women in america. The ones that sat primly at home not voting are really to blame for this, but let’s know our enemy’s real numbers so we know how to combat them.

3 Likes

Damn right.

2 Likes

Thinking that it was Rick Perry… Good job regulators, and I was surprised by it:

2 Likes

It’s only getting her into trouble. If it’s inconsequential, she shouldn’t say it.

Another anecdote. I know a woman who sat out the 2012 election, because her husband was so frothingly, vehemently, insanely against Obama, that she thought an Obama win would give him a stroke. Seriously. Because she lived in a deep red state she felt her vote wouldn’t count anyway. Agreed she couldn’t be a Romney/Ryan voter… but it caused her to not vote for Obama. (That state went for Romney in that year.) — For some women peace at home will outweigh politics. This particular man was avidly NRA, Limbaugh, Faux News - so that was his bubble.

Did anyone have any true idea of how damaging donald would actually be to our country? As I recall major newspapers editorial boards were saying he would be a ‘danger to the republic’ – and they have proved true. We are all more aware now. Events like the Woman’s March right after the election may have served as much needed wake-up calls. Also that great picture of donald checking out Melania’s vote is purely classic. I think Melania caved. :imp:

5 Likes

The deplorable fact is that when she told the truth in the instances I cited she lost votes to people who lied.

That’s what I would call an inconvenient fact.

4 Likes

The idea of Trump criticizing another’s feather ruffling statement underscores the phoniness of GOP/conservative arguments and casts doubt on Democrats’ sensitivity to GOP criticism.

Trump is a fraud. He offends every day. He commits treason every day. Why does HRC get more heat for an observational comment about Trump’s impact on voting behavior than Trump does for failing to criticize the Russian President who violated US and UK sovereignty? It’s because the GOP chooses to make everything we do an outrage and we don’t respond with a similar volume level.

12 Likes

I don’t at all believe the liberal media has to be as vitriolic and hateful, but liberals in general could stop the handwringing and pearl clutching every time someone speaks a truth about PP voters. We could stop applying this gross double standard to Clinton and others. You imagine if a similar article was on some right wing media site. Would there be a single Republican commenter to take issue with what PP said about Democrats? Remember what propelled him to the top of the primary polls was calling Latinos rapists and murderers. What keeps him at 35-40% is continually “telling it like it is” about liberals and anyone he perceives as being an other. I’m not suggesting that’s what we should be doing, but it’s just stupid to complain about Clinton doing something somewhat similar but to a much, much lesser degree and in a sympathetic manner. There’s a different standard because we promote it and encourage it.

Also, I think it’s a bad read of the mood of the general electorate to think that most voters aren’t angry as hell at not only PP, but also the people who put him there, and refuse to admit his incompetence and destruction to our democracy.

7 Likes

It’s one of the reasons why I ended the friendship. That, and because you can’t call yourself my friend and have voted to make my life harder.

1 Like

I am a professional middle aged white woman in California and the thought of a sexual predator in the White House gave me severe anxiety. That and the thought that he might get into a pissing contest with NK bad cause nuclear holocaust.

6 Likes

Thank you

Considering the shit he said I think criticizing her is really really stupid and beyond the pale.

3 Likes

If you go back to the “Cling to their guns and religion” comment Obama was asked at a fundraiser why don’t Democrats get more of a share of the rural vote. He mentioned unfair trade deals and people impacted by a changing economy before the “Clinger” comment. I never thought he was using it as a put down since he’s partially Kansan though it was interpreted to be a gaffe.

1 Like

OK, it’s time once again for one of my all-time personal favorites. Thanks, @demyankee, for the setup.

5 Likes

He knows Hillary won, plain and simple.

Take back our country!

Run for office- and run FOR something! Don’t just run against Trump. You’ll either be preaching to the choir or confirming, in some people’s minds, that ‘the elites’ are out to get their man.

Get REAL specific, too. You want to run on jobs or healthcare reform or the new landfill? You must have a plan. Show what’s needed and show how to make it work. THEN point out the differences between having a plan and vague promises to work on a plan “very soon”.

This site, https://www.runforoffice.org/, allows you to enter your ZIP code and see what offices are available to you and the filing window for that office. They also have a few video short-courses on running a campaign. In my state you file for office during a 1-week period in May, just three months from now.

Become a Precinct Committee Officer, sometimes it’s a Ward officer. Meet your neighbors and get out the vote. Find good citizens willing to run for office.

Run for School Board. Make sure Civics is being properly taught. Think a majority of America knows how government works? Just 26% of eligible voters in America voted for Trump, and half of all voters stayed home last November. HALF! Today’s 10-year olds will be voting for President in 8 years. Make sure they’re prepared.

Run for Mayor, City Council, County Commissioner, Borough Assembly. And get on your Planning Commission.

Run for State Legislature or Congress. The next census is in 2020 when we’ll redraw Congressional Districts. Make them fair and open. Trump is ALREADY trying to rig the census- talk about ‘voter fraud’!

Register people to vote. If you need to help people overcome the GOP-led voter-run-around campaign help them do that. This site, https://www.aauw.org/resource/organize-a-voter-registration-drive/, has a how-to on organizing a voter registration drive. Or even sitting outside Wal Mart with a folding chair and a card table. Yes, that’s the American Association of University Women. And while we’re here organize a League of Women Voters chapter in your community if you don’t already have one. Fair, honest and above board. Democracy functions better with them involved.

Civics, civility and civilization all share the same roots. Get crackin’!

2 Likes

Yes yes he does and that’s why he won’t shut up about her for a second.

4 Likes

That sounds Mauve-olous!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available