Discussion: At Pennsylvania Rally, Trump Displays Extent To Which Biden Is Under His Skin

Also, Biden was Obama’s VP for eight years. That has to really bug Trump.

3 Likes

Here in northeast Wyoming it has been snowing the last few days with 3 to 5 inches more predicted tonight.

2 Likes

I don’t know. Though we’ve had a few military jets land here. There’s a tall mountain just south of the airport.

Last year a small commercial commuter plane taking off to go to Philly (the only air travel destination from our airport) hit a deer on the runway.

This is also why so many Black voters, especially older Black voters, are supporting Biden. Obama’s regard for Biden is not lost on Black voters.

:grinning: :grinning:

Know it well!! Loved diving off the rocks!

Last Chance is now called Pier 87. Great food and drink!

It’s been reported that the crowds attending the events, and the venues being chosen for the events, are getting smaller. And there is an increasing use of paid attendees to fill the venues.

2 Likes

Hey, I’m in the 12th district too. How does the special election for US Rep look in your area? At my polling place I asked about independent voters who normally can’t vote in primaries and the election workers said FIVE had already voted. Sometimes, in these off year primaries, there will be only a few dozen total votes in my ward.(Mostly because half of the voters are students) So, I think that’s a good sign. Maybe.

I don’t know. My friend’s son, who got tickets to go just for the spectacle. couldn’t get in. He said they gave out more tickets than the space allowed. I’m not sure what he saw or heard but his verdict: “It sucked.”

Good to know.

Spent a satisfying two years renting a small farm house on Rt. 973, Warrensville, while teaching at Bloomsburg University.

1 Like

I talked about Jeff Daniels’ appearance on Deadline White House last night. In discussing a scene in the play, To Kill a Mockingbird, in which the KKK goes to the jail where Tom Robinson is held, he describes the mob atmosphere. He likens it to the people who attend the Trump rallies, how the people who are your neighbors and go to your church become a mob. He used a line from the play to describe them:

“A mob’s a place where people go to take a break from their conscience.”

Shocking, upsetting, and illuminating all at once. A really great interview. Atticus is the one who changes as he realizes that goodness doesn’t exist in everyone. Most of it can be seen here:

(Edited. My computer wouldn’t post my edited comment due to an update.)

5 Likes

Thanks for your work.

2 Likes

Polling place was busy this morning. But there’s little to no chance that Democratic candidate Marc Friedenberg will come out on top…

I love Jeff Daniels. Great guy and a great actor. I remember the first time I really noticed him in “Purple Rose of Cairo” Still one of my favorite bittersweet movies.

2 Likes

Jerry Jeff Walker didn’t intend that song as a tribute.

1 Like

Giving out too many tickets is an old trick. It gives the impression of overwhelming support.

Another trick is not setting up enough chairs for the expected crowd. This way, the event staff can make a big show of bringing out extra folding chairs while an overflow crowd stands around-- you don’t want to walk in to a place that is half-empty.

5 Likes

Stranger things have happened. We had Chris Carney, a Democrat, for two terms but he defeated an incumbent who was accused of strangling a call girl. Fred Keller is merely dumb as a rock and a mindless Trump fan.

1 Like

Oh, also! Just so you know, we say -

Goin’ up the 'Sock to swim in the crick

Oh yes, how could I forget about Don Sherwood? I remember someone put bras on all his yard signs in Hughesville. Hah!

1 Like

He’s doing to his cult what he whispered into the ears of all too many women. Grosses me out.

2 Likes

What gets me is any number of character actors in films over the decades have developed a weird sing-song voice a lot like Trump’s as an immediately understood signal to the audience that they’re decidedly off and dangerous people. In real life it would be an instant and insistent warning bell.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available