Discussion: As Trump Flogs Obamacare Repeal, Bipartisan Proposals Emerge

3 Likes

21 Likes

If that necktie could be tightened just a little bit, many of America’s problems would have a better prognosis.

7 Likes

Seems like more and more congressional 'pubs are moving from full but fake support to ignoring Twitler. Next stop, calls for Tramp to sit down and shut up followed by threats.

They placed their necks in the Tramp noose and now he’s ready to kick the chair out from under them. When it comes to saving their own useless necks, they’ll turn on him like wild dogs.

12 Likes

I love Trump’s repeated lie that Democrats won’t come to the table. Probably what would get them to the table is inviting them, instead of fabricating tales about how they won’t cooperate.

18 Likes

Trump and sycophants: I went out the the garage and the car wouldn’t start. I’m buying a new car.

Sensible people: How about we see what’s required to fix it first?

Trump and sycophants: Losers!!

14 Likes

The Republicans may finally be starting to realize that Trump is a parasite who conveniently latched onto their party to run for and win the presidency, and the parasitic disease part of the relationship is beginning to manifest itself.

12 Likes

McClownnell makes the same claim… which is even worse.

4 Likes

Trump doesn’t flog, he flails!

3 Likes

All propaganda on the subject really fails when they mention the Hastert rule, “Never cast a vote unless you already have a majority of the Republican congress on board.” It by its very nature is a partisan maneuver.

6 Likes

Uh, we are talking about him criticizing the ACA Repeal, right?

As I’ve been saying for well over a year, this talk about how peepee is “not a real Republican/Conservative” is nothing but nonsense.

He’s all theirs. He is the Republican base. He is a true conservative.
They just don’t like looking in the mirror.

I can certainly understand that; their positions are abhorrent, and a prescription for failure. But nothing new there…

10 Likes

Three times in his remarks after the repeal efforts failed, McConnell said he wanted to hear ideas from Democratic Senators. By the time he woke up the next morning he was back to his old self and crapping all over any actual ideas that Democratic Senators suggested.

6 Likes

Be careful what you wish for… remember Pence is next in line!

What would a Pence presidency be like? We know his governorship was a disaster.

1 Like

It’s weird that this article talks about how trump’s ham fisted efforts to encourage bipartisan proposals aren’t working, before going on to talk about how bipartisan proposals are beginning to be worked on. Perhaps there is something to his unconventional method.

“Ham handed” approach works but better would be “single slice of bacon handed” approach no?

1 Like

This is the place America can start winning. Do a good bipartisan fix and let Trump think he is winning by signing the correction bill.

2 Likes

He’d be a placeholder until the next presidential election and that’s about all he’d be.

6 Likes

Say what you will about Obamacare, but Trump’s healthcare plan was so bad even the fascists hated it.

3 Likes

You all know that if congress comes together and moves forward a truly bipartisan ACA fix, he’ll take full credit for it (loudly, bombastically and in as gross a manner as possible). That’s the one thing that makes me wish they wouldn’t… (But I think people and our nation are more important, so I do hope they succeed.)

2 Likes