Discussion: As Israel Votes, Netanyahu Takes Swipe At Arabs

Discussion for article #234390

We don’t know what the final result will be, and Netayahu may well win. But, this sure reads like a statement from a desperate man.

9 Likes

Left wing busing in voters? Sounds like the kind of thing our Repubs would claim, also without any evidence.

God, I hope that mendacious prick gets beat.

12 Likes

Swipe?

I called it “Full Frontal Racist” when I posted about this earlier today.

13 Likes

Netanyahu’s comments toward Israeli Arab voters were remarkable because they targeted Israeli citizens…

well DUH! … Netanyahu does not really accept the legitimacy of Israeli Arabs as genuine citizens of Israel.

8 Likes

And Netanyahu’s racism is not just about Israeli citizens of Arab ethnicity–it lurks under his vicious relationship with our President.

11 Likes

“Arab voters are going to the polls in droves. Left-wing organizations are bringing them in buses,” he said.

Switch out the minority and it is easy to see why he gets on so well with Republicans.

14 Likes

The parallels…my gawd…it’s like standing between two looking glasses, but unable to decide which one to go through, and thus being stuck looking off into racist infinity no matter where you turn.

9 Likes

At midday, Netanyahu claimed high Arab voter turnout was putting his right-wing Likud Party’s rule “in danger,” according to a posting on his Facebook page. “Arab voters are going to the polls in droves. Left-wing organizations are bringing them in buses,” he said.

This crap is such boiler-plate GOP nonsense that it must have been written by that ratfucker Ron Dermer.

4 Likes

I hope for a record Arab turnout in Israeli elections!

6 Likes

“Fuck it, I’m just gonna go full racist” - Netanyahu, probably

6 Likes

Just proof that he has been lying to the international community about a two state solution. Even if he wins, he’s now completely damaged Israel’s standing in the world.

10 Likes

I am sure we will next be hearing from Republicans about how Obama helped arabs seize control of Israel, weakening our power in the middle east, allowing the spread of Islam, yada, yada, yada…

7 Likes

If I could get over the Israel in time to drive Arab voters to the polls, I would do it.

5 Likes

Being a Southerner I’ve heard versions of this statement nearly all my life; if you substitute the word ‘N*****’ for ‘Arab Voter’.

“------ are going to the polls in droves. Left-wing organizations are bringing them in buses.”

See? Works like a charm.

6 Likes

As a Jew, I always have believed that the slogan “Never Again” applies not only to the Holocaust, but to racism against any group.
By his desperate statement about Arab voters, Netanyahu has pronounced himself unfit to lead the State of Israel.

9 Likes

What kind of Democracy is threatened by a high turnout of ‘those people’? Oh, wait…

9 Likes

Actually, it sounds like something straight out of the Republican right wing handbook.

5 Likes

Typical rightwinger; doesn’t want the “wrong” people in a democracy to effect the outcome of an election.

4 Likes

Sadly, it would seem clear that, given options with absolutely zero repercussions, Netanyahu would rather exterminate the Palestinians than make peace with them.

1 Like