Discussion: As Cohen And Trump Spar On Twitter, Both Exasperate Credibility Problem

I think you might mean “exacerbate.”

22 Likes

Beat me to it :smile:

5 Likes

Part of me wishes it were 2021 already so that I no longer have to hear about Trump or hear from Trump ever again. Every time he or one his minions speak, I start getting migraines. please, Trump, just resign already…

11 Likes

Exacerbate is an exasperating word!

4 Likes

Cohen said he never personally asked Trump for a pardon. It’s an important caveat. Trump is claiming that he did.

That’s the only direct contradiction that I see in all this.

12 Likes

So much proverbial ink being spilled over two liars-lying about two liars calling each other liars.

5 Likes

The Republicans have a credibility problem… ALL of them

3 Likes

Donald Trump’s lies are like an onion. Beneath one lie, is another lie then another lie. There really is no ‘truth’. I have reached the point that I do believe any factual statement that he makes. I believe North Korean pronouncements over what comes out of the White House.

4 Likes

The 2020 election cannot come soon enough

4 Likes

God damn it, Jonathan Lemire, you know or should know that this throw-up-your-hands confusion is the result of a well-established Putin technique to keep the undecided middle from making any effort to understand and decide once and for all. They deliberately sow the confusion. They’re doing this confusion-sowing around the world, targeting all the liberal democracies in the West. You know this or should and you should be telling people about it. That’s your job. Not talking to fucking Gingrich, who’s adding to the confusion.

30 Likes

Since the election I have listened to over 600 audio books in an effort to isolate myself from the current reality.

Today I am listening to Circe, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39209765-circe

3 Likes

Cohen lies. Trump lies. The difference goes to motives. Who has the incentive to lie about Trump’s crimes? Trump, and not Cohen. Cohen is getting nothing out of it — he’s going to prison. Trump (who lies all the time anyway) has a clear incentive to lie now to protect his “presidency”.

16 Likes

Isn’t that what people do when they indulge in “self-pleasure”?
At least in Trumplandia.

2 Likes

There should be some documentation and/or corroborating witnesses to help clear this up.

1 Like

The latest White House legal drama — whether or not the president’s former legal fixer asked him for a pardon — has pulled back the curtain on a whole cast of characters whose comments can’t always be taken at face value.

There’s that AP with the breaking news again.

4 Likes

Who, even with his well honed, yet ill tempered “sagacity,” is not generally known for being the Diogenes of our time.

8 Likes

There is corroborating evidence supporting Cohen’s claims about Trump’s crimes. For example, the actual checks that show Trump committed a felony while he was president in his payoff of Stormy Daniels.

4 Likes

OT.

Rub a tug-tug, we have a yen to meet the golden rug.

Beyond this sordid tale, there is another angle to the strange story of Yang: She runs an investment business that has offered to sell Chinese clients access to Trump and his family. And a website for the business—which includes numerous photos of Yang and her purported clients hobnobbing at Mar-a-Lago, Trump’s private club in Palm Beach—suggests she had some success in doing so.

13 Likes

In a mostly adult society he would be a disgraced former legislator, long consigned to oblivion as a narcissistic buffoon and never quoted in any medium. And he’d have some company there. Fuck.

4 Likes