Discussion: Arizona Lawmakers Debate Whether God Gave Americans Gun Rights (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #234391

In related news, AZ lawmakers will, later today, be debating a bill naming the unicorn as the official state equine.

12 Likes

I spoke to my goddess and she says yes, she carries a pink revolver.

4 Likes

wwwjc - what weapon would Jesus carry

7 Likes

If “God” gave this right, then the Arizona legislature need not act on this at all, since “God” can surely take care of him/her/itself.

6 Likes

Derp Party USA!!!

4 Likes

Is this the same God that gave guns to ISIS and Nazis? Or are those circumstances somehow different? Does God want Iran to have a nuclear weapon? Will God let me have a Howitzer on my porch for shooting flies? Does anybody have a chart or something that shows whose God allows what and where, and what exclusions, disclaimers and conflicting offers with what God allows may be?

It’s just so confusing!

25 Likes

It’s amazing how poorly the notion of God wanting Christians to engage in self-defense squares with the New Testament.

10 Likes

Beat your swords into ploughshares…your spears into pruning hooks…but only let them pry your rifle from your cold dead hands.

Oh boy.

10 Likes

Why are these imbeciles debating this? Shouldn’t they just consult with Pope Wayne LaPierrre of the Church of the Holy Assault Rifle. You know that he only speaks the truth.

LaPierre…that sounds somewhat French.

8 Likes

What color flies are you talking about? It kinda makes a difference.

3 Likes

Reeks of ALEC

3 Likes

Conservatives are hilarious. Dangerous but hilarious. They think the Bill of Rights are the Ten Commandments handed down to Wayne LaPierre or Moses or Sarah Palin, it doesn’t matter, all are holy and interchangeable.

7 Likes

YA ignoramus who does not understand the difference between the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bible. One of these things is not like the others…and only the Constitution is the basis for our laws. An Invisible Man in the Sky gave me the right to bear arms? Give me a break…it’s way past time we get religion OUT of politics. Render unto Caesar, etc. Of course, these morons never read the Bible past the end of the Old Testament. Funny, but I don’t remember ANY mention of Christ in those books. Pulling shit out of their asses again…heckuva job, Arizona. You’re making Alabama look sane.

7 Likes

Black flies, dv01, black flies. Them imported hard to kill black flies need killin’ real good.

2 Likes

Having looked at those pictures in the authoritative texts on not a few Sundays,it’d have to be concealed. A body could camo quite a decent-sized assault grade weapon even just inside the folds of those robes, plus hundreds of rounds of ammo under them, maybe more if He went with low grain exploding on ultra-thin machined-plastic belt-lines.

Yeah, I realize self-proclaimed “history experts” and “scientists” all claim firearms weren’t even invented until sometime in the 600 AD time frame (and with only any great confidence for another 600 years later on and in China at that), but no one really knows.

Besides, if You’re the Son of God, don’t You figure to get way early access to all sorts of new product lines?

1 Like

These are the people who make laws for the good citizens of Arizona. G_d help us!

3 Likes

One thing I’ve learned in my years on this planet, it’s pointless to argue with religious fanatics.

Farnsworth proceeded to read not from the Constitution but from the Declaration of Independence

See what he did there?

5 Likes

Apparently God gives us cancer, lupus, depression and the Plague, among other maladies, including self-serving stupidity. Religious nuts never remind us of this.

Most of them are being brought into AZ on the wet backs of them illegal furriners.

3 Likes