Discussion: AP: Hurricane Harvey Floods Toxic Waste Sites, With The EPA Missing In Action

4 Likes

Pollution from the Patriots in the fossil-fuel industry?
FAKE NEWS!!!
But if you bleeding hearts insist on a solution…
Clean coal!!!

12 Likes

republican lead Texas has removed regulations, and many laws regarding the less dangerous areas of Texas, so it is logical to assume, that the Texas republicans don’t really care about their State…only big money donors…

9 Likes

In the future, can Dems use the State of Texas as the worse case scenario for what NOT to do regarding regulations?

21 Likes

"Superfund sites are known to be the most dangerous places in the country, and they should have been properly protected against flooding.”

“Heckuva job Scotty!”

21 Likes

Flooding toxic waste sites; Burning toxic chemical fires at chemical plants (are they still not putting pubic safety first by refusing to disclose what was being sent spewing into the air?); And now the toxic president is making his second visit.

Harvey the storm that keeps on giving - in the most horrendous ways. Texans, and other in the wake of the coming literal and figurative storms - stay safe.

17 Likes

The state of Texas in its infinite wisdom won’t even require chemical companies to disclose what chemicals they’re using/storing, and this is after the disaster that occurred in West, TX.

It’s clear Texas Republicans value business profits over human life.

17 Likes

Then there’s this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/09/02/trump-plans-withdrawal-from-south-korea-trade-deal/?hpid=hp_no-name_no-name%3Apage%2Fbreaking-news-bar&tid=a_breakingnews&utm_term=.0e07293c7043

17 Likes

Trump proposes, his staff disposes. At least I’m hoping that happens again.

4 Likes

I believe there might be a petition to have HMB as a monogram on our state flag.

2 Likes

Too bad none of those Superfund sites are near a tRump golf course or resort. That shit would be first on a list for assessment. They would be cleaning up toxins lickety-split, as soon as the waters receded. So fast, it would make you head spin.

7 Likes

Trump and Pruitt: “What’s this ‘EPA’ of which you speak? Never heard of it. Have a good time!”

4 Likes

[quote=“pshah, post:7, topic:61616, full:true”]
The state of Texas in its infinite wisdom won’t even require chemical companies to disclose what chemicals they’re using/storing, and this is after the disaster that occurred in West, TX. It’s clear Texas Republicans value business profits over human life.[/quote]
This scenario is coming to a state near you, my friends. The signature accomplishment of the current administration is YUUUUUGE deregulation of business and industry.
The EPA should be there in full force right now testing air and water, but there’s plausible deniability in not knowing what you don’t know.

17 Likes

This is what happens when you appoint people whose intention is to destroy the agency they manage. On the slightly less-bad side, some of those people do tend to go to jail as a result, as our new supreme court judge might recall.

10 Likes

All I know is I’m never eating any more seafood from the Gulf with all the toxic runoff.

Not saying any ocean is pure any more, but there are WAY too many toxic sites in Texas and Louisiana flooded by Harvey.

http://www.sierraclub.org/texas/hurricane-harvey-toxic-sites

11 Likes

This scenario is coming to a state near you, my friends.

I think this scenario is coming to certain States, yes. Now that there is no more Federal government, and most likely won’t be one for the next few years, each State is going to have to take up the mantle of environmental protection themselves. Feral trumpers the EPA is just a stupid agency that should be dismantled. OK. Wish granted. When an area proves to be so toxic it’s virtually unlivable, they’ll just do the best they can and get on with their lives.

Proof of this is that Pruitt is from OK where man made earthquakes are a regularity. The people just do the best they can and get on with their lives.

5 Likes

Remember all the Corexit that was dumped in the Gulf by BP back in '12?

4 Likes

25 Likes

Much better than clean coal is carbon-less oil, which our patriotic petroleum industry has been developing in order to stop global warming. Whatever parts of the Houston area which don’t burn up from the stored chemicals there, will all be involved in production of carbon-less oil from now on. (Or is that what is burning up???)

3 Likes

Timing is everything with this bozo.

10 Likes