Discussion: Anti-Abortion Rhetoric Ramps Up As Red States Push To Criminalize Procedure

1 Like

It’s like a GOP competition to determine who can be the biglyest most outstanding fascist.

9 Likes

Maybe democrats should counter with legislation that any gun dealer that sells a gun
used in a felony should face the death penalty.
It certainly makes more sense

11 Likes

I know its the AP writing this, but this is settled law, there is no doubt that these laws are unconstitutional.

You know why? Because they Supreme Court and settled law says so, you pinche nimnods.

Jeebus, remind me to never visit Idaho on vacation, okay?!

9 Likes

“Many Catholics, for example, oppose both abortion and the death penalty.”

And yet, year after year, their all-male leadership supports the pro-death penalty, pro-war, pro-granny starving, pro-healthcare repealing, pro-child neglecting, pro-gun, pro-rich Republican Party.

Because it’s “pro-life”.

15 Likes

And they claim there’s no war on women.

12 Likes

You can tell the American Taliban is worried about the next election, the old testament evangelical women haters club is ginning up its troops.

5 Likes

They are hysterical to gin up the base. Unconstitutional. Settled law.

3 Likes

At some point, they’re gonna run out of crusty old white dudes and women made of hairspray. It’s just a matter of time. I hope we make it.

4 Likes

In Ohio, Republican lawmakers introduced legislation that would ban all abortions and allow prosecutors to charge doctors and patients who get the procedure, including the death penalty or life imprisonment with no exceptions for rape, incest or to protect the health of the woman.

So, does that include being forced to marry the man that raped you? After marriage, is the man allowed concubines and slaves? After all, it’s in the Bible.

8 Likes

“They tell you that there’s a war on women. There is no war on women. There may be a war on what’s inside of women, but there is no war on women in this country.”
— Somnambulant neurosurgeon Dr. “Uncle” Ben Carson, August 2015

(Yes. He really said this.)

7 Likes

My idea is to outlaw medical treatment for prostate cancer.

6 Likes

In Ohio, Republican lawmakers introduced legislation that would ban all abortions and allow prosecutors to charge doctors and patients who get the procedure, including the death penalty or life imprisonment with no exceptions for rape, incest or to protect the health of the woman.

Make the slightest scratch on a “pro-life” bigmouth and the misogynist will show through.

6 Likes

And insurance coverage for anything — medications, treatments, prosthetics — involving erectile dysfunction.

5 Likes

Perhaps a reminder is in order at this point of the reality show, especially to some of the folks who are not regular TPM readers:

Elections Fucking Matter. Voting for Democrats matters, even if they do not pass your stupid purity test.

5 Likes

With mandatory reporting to the wife or other partner.

4 Likes

This is exactly why I can’t practice that faith anymore. Growing up, my parents attended Mass, etc. but always emphasized that social responsibility was the premise of our beliefs. In fact, my mother would say, “I don’t believe that God cares how many rosaries you say if you didn’t help someone who was hungry or sick.” Pope Francis communicates something closer to that message, but the American Catholic Bishops still endorse conservative policies. They should be speaking up right now in support of taking in refugees, fixing Obamacare, and getting rid of guns - but they don’t.

9 Likes

The rabbit hole has no bottom.

4 Likes

Fun Fact: Tax-exempt churches cost American taxpayers $71 billion a year.
[source: https://secularpolicyinstitute.net/71-billion-reasons-to-tax-religious-organizations/]

2 Likes

Funny how many GOP politicians conveniently forget their inhibitions about abortion when they’ve knocked up a high school cheerleader or even a Playboy playmate.

Weird, huh?

Who ya gonna call? Mikey Cohen…

5 Likes