Discussion: An Even Better Deal? Dems Unveil New Midterm Slogan After First One Tanked

I can’t argue with that conclusion.

How about “Had enough yet?”

2 Likes

Take your complaint up with Honest Abe.

Why do we have so much trouble coming up with a SIMPLE, CLEAR, and CONSISTENT message? Our leaders (yes Nancy Pelosi, this means you) constantly struggle with this. Granted, the issues are complex and nuanced, but we get bogged down in details and it hurts us with voters who aren’t into complexity and nuance.

Schumer and Pelosi are total idiots!

“A Better Deal”…they sound like they are running a ficking K-Mart.

How about this one: “Rebuilding America’s middle class!” But of course that would mean Chuckie money Schumer and rich bitch Pelosi would have to increase their own taxes and cut their own free lunch from the Trump tax cuts and the two rounds of Bush tax cuts that Obama made permanent!

The Dart of the Eel

Let’s revive that old Barney Frank bumper sticker- "
Vote Democratic. We’re not perfect, but they’re nuts!"

3 Likes

“For the People”

OK, not bad. Has a bit of a leftist ring. How about

“For the American People”

Co-opts R’s delight in claiming the American people, but it’s too long. How about just

“For America”

(Not for Russia)

This is fun.

1 Like

“Tired of All the Winning?”

1 Like

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
Take : 2

VOTE FOR ANY DEMOCRAT
please.please.please.please

I like it!

you shouldn’t let your cats drink so much

2 Likes

Aaahh Wyoming - still trading on that. More accurate would be “Boom Town Rats Pay off Their Student Loans Sooner”

I believe the official TPM comment board slogan is; MOCK HIM UP

2 Likes

I actually liked “A Better Deal,” but it didn’t play. And what counts in the slogan business is what most people think, not what you and I like.

As for Rogers’ quote, I use it often. Out here, even. I once ran into Barney Frank on the floor of the Massachusetts state Democratic Convention. I said to him, “Barney, Will Rogers was right.” He just nodded.

Actually, I like this for a bumper sticker:

AMERICA FIRST
RUSSIA LAST

1 Like

Sure, but only in the way that the Gettysburg Address does.

1 Like

“A Better Deal” would have been a decent slogan if Trump had stayed out of politics. As it is though, it’s comes off being a bit whiney.

Vote Democratic for a Great American Deal.

The Real American Deal.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available