Discussion: Amid Trade Chaos, Shakeups On The National Economic Council

Fuck Kudlow.

8 Likes

With an Oval Office Occupant like The Rump, we’d be better off leaving it vacant.

2 Likes

It is like going to war with 2/3 of your generals. The tariffs are hitting agriculture hard. You probably need some expertise there. Sadly Trump doesn’t have any. Remember Trade Wars are easy to win. /s

4 Likes

Changes like this are nothing to SNORT at. I guess many more at the council will be taking a POWDER. That’s a ROCK solid certainty which should be CRYSTAL clear. I think this article hits the problem right on the NOSE, right, Larry?

2 Likes

Kudlow always looks like he doesn’t have a clue. And he doesn’t!

3 Likes

We’re well into the second year (welp!) of this (mal)administration and the number of empty seats is just phenomenal. Nobody decent wants Trump cooties, so when the calls come, they are sorry, but they’re having their hair and nails done, or needing more time with their family. Those who get the call and jump at the chance are hopelessly infected with greed, power hunger, narcissism and/or cold indifference toward the health and welfare of their fellow human beings. They’ve already drunk the koolaid and are high on it.

ETTD.

5 Likes

“The tariffs are hitting agriculture hard.”
How’s that Trumpy/Changey thing working out for you, Hillary-Hatin’ farmers?
Hey, here’s a Trump-supporter quote from the 2016 election. Oh, and, uh, WOMP WOMP!:

3 Likes

What did you eat for breakfast?

You realize those farmers you want to see punished had something to do with your bagel and maybe the cream cheese. Ultimately we all pay more if agriculture suffers.

The Trump Trade War isn’t just another front in the culture war. He thinks destroying the world economic order is the most important thing he will accomplish as President. The reason so many seats are vacant is because a lot of experts know how important this is to Trump and don’t want anything to do with it.

2 Likes

And fuck Steven Moore as well!

1 Like

I’ll defer to Paul Krugman to assess the competency of Kudlow and Moore:

https://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/05/11/send-in-the-clowns/

1 Like

I didn’t have a bagel, and I hate cream cheese.
Hey, I don’t care about them. We are going to pay more and get hurt by the Trump presidency no matter what. If some fucking asshole farmer who was stupid enough to believe that the Orange Idiot was going to give them the world on a silver platter - which many of them did - and then are going to end up paying for their mistake, then GOOD! If I am going to suffer for voting against him, then I want them to suffer even more because of him. If the idiots want to keep voting against their own self-interests, they deserve what they get. They always make us suffer, now it’s THEIR turn!

1 Like

More to the point, Trump wouldn’t listen to the experts, in any event. Why would anyone want to serve on this Council of Eunuchs?

4 Likes

Especially Him
I hate him with the intensity of 1000 suns

1 Like

They called me, but I declined, citing my urgent need to rinse out some of my delicates.

2 Likes

It makes no difference who is on the council, Trump won’t listen to them and Kudlow is a crack pot.

Given the economic intellect of these idiots, I think I prefer chaos as their output.

Hopefully that can keep the damage somewhat less destructive.

Anyone who is even resembling a professional on that staff is just desperately trying to hold the flood back a little. They’re all going to be making PTSD claims.

"Eissenstat is reportedly leaving to spend more time with his family."

The ol’ coded language for explaining departures.

1 Like

Typical.

Trump only wants FEALTY, not competence.

Competence threatens him so he must stamp it out in every place he can.

1 Like