Discussion: Almost Every Single Trump Organization Is Under Investigation

It will seem like heresy, but trumpp would in fact be a slam dunk losing opponent in 2020. As to Pence, IMHO, once he issues a pardon to moron he’ll be dead meat and his future in the party will be similar to Ford’s

14 Likes

This is corruption on a historic level. We’ve seen others scandals in other Administrations, certainly, but this is on an entirely different level.

Honestly, I haven’t wanted Justice brought to someone so badly since Osama Bin Laden, and that’s no exaggeration.

19 Likes

That’s a practical view, I admit. I just think it has to be balanced against preserving the idea that in a democracy, no one is above the law.

There are so many perks for ex-presidents written into Federal law, that he can’t ever be treated like anyone else if he’s convicted and retains those perks. The rest of us don’t get to hang out at Mar a Lago under taxpayer-funded Secret Service protection, and plan a Presidential Library after being convicted of serious crimes.

8 Likes

It’s an interesting discussion as to whether he would get Secret Service protection in the pokey.

6 Likes

He’ll just blame the caddy. In Trump world, there’s always a fall guy, and it’s never dirty-dealing Donald.

8 Likes

“based on current DOJ precedent”

What precedent? Nixon? He escaped indictment by resigning. Wouldn’t call that “precedent”

Policy, maybe. Policies change.

8 Likes

[quote=“littlegirlblue, post:21, topic:82052, full:true”]
It will seem like heresy, but trumpp would in fact be a slam dunk losing opponent in 2020. As to Pence, IMHO, once he issues a pardon to moron he’ll be dead meat and his future in the party will be similar to Ford’s
[/quote]Even if you’re wrong, you’re cheering me up.

8 Likes

Well I’m really convinced he won’t be the candidate in 2020. I don’t think he’ll make it to 2020.

21 Likes

“Indictment may be an impossibility, based on current DOJ precedent.”

That DOJ precedent needs to be declared null and void. Surely this can be done.

3 Likes

Tiffany can thank her mother, Marla Maples, who, even though she had an open affair while BLOTUS was still married to #1, saw enough of who he is to get the hell out of there and keep her kid away from the lecher. The way he talked about Tiff’s legs when she was a toddler and said that he’d have to see how her boobs looked once they came in was vomit inducing.

There is a reason why her reflex is to keep away from Shithead

18 Likes

Ford was well liked and respected - and still got dropped like a hot potato. Outside of the religious right, even here in Indiana - most folks start out not liking and not respecting Pence. His future would be like stale, moldy wonder-bread.

11 Likes

A 30 year ongoing Criminal Enterprise
He’s a pro

11 Likes

When will the Deep State stop hounding this poor man!

9 Likes

It’s common knowledge that he cheats at golf. It’s been an open secret for years.

He cheats at everything - why would anyone think he’d be ethical about golf?

At least he looks like a top athlete.

12 Likes

Teachable moment, USA. Racism, misogyny and corruption are highly correlated. All the more reason why the first two should have been considered disqualifying.

11 Likes

Almost Every Single Trump Organization Is Under Investigation

Can anyone name one that isn’t under investigation or soon will be? I’m drawing a blank.

5 Likes

I’m fine with him leaving office at the end of his term and then going to prison. It’s the damage he can still cause over the next two years that I worry about.

7 Likes

No he didn’t (except indirectly), he escaped impeachment by resigning. He was about to be indicted when Ford pardoned him.

Ford was only briefly Nixon’s VP, so he didn’t have the taint of being in his administration. It was the pardon that did him in.

To be fair, no one else has caused as much damage to the United States.

12 Likes

I have no beef with Tiffany or Barron.

It there’s a clean Trump organization, it must be run by Robert Wagner.

4 Likes

I will never get over the stupidity, arrogance, and the sheer audacity of a career criminal elevating himself to the highest possible level of scrutiny. All he had to do was shut up and continue on with criminal enterprise and no one would’ve paid a lick of attention to him. He’s a profoundly stupid man.

28 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available