Discussion: Alabama GOP Moves Toward Deciding Roy Moore's Fate Later This Week

That’s been their stance for quite some time. They won’t even let us phone bank for them, and we are freaking Lower Alabama (technically Florida, but its Alabama in more ways than its Florida)

3 Likes

Oh the victimization. Destroy his life! They shout. No one is seriously suggesting charges, not even civil. No one is saying he should be disbarred (maybe he was already?) or can’t work as his cushy $180k/yr non-profit job.

He just doesn’t have the character for U.S. Senator. Which was obvious from his resume.

4 Likes

I think they wisely don’t want high-profile Democrats to come in and campaign. But I bet they could use people to answer phones, keep local offices open, drive people to the polls on election day, all that kind of stuff.

But I know the campaign is happy to take your money. They keep asking for mine–about six times a day.

3 Likes

Hey Roy, what would Jesus do?

4 Likes

Isn’t that the elephant in the room. The GOP cultists can’t reconcile who they hate more, libtards or young women.

5 Likes

I’ve been trying to get my people to phone bank for them for weeks (like 5 or 6 weeks at least). Jones’ campaign isn’t interested.

2 Likes

Cue the “Professional Victim’s Choir” to begin singing a spirited rendition of “Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me” as Pedophile Moore claims everyone is against him, especially those who don’t understand Alabama’s long, hallowed tradition of incest, statutory rape, lynching and failure to use dental floss. Saintly Mr. Moore is yet another in a great line of martyrs who stood for goodness and were mistreated for the effort. OK, tiny violins, on three…a one and a two…

4 Likes

Are there any business concerns that could announce a planned boycott of Alabama if Moore is elected? Who does business with Alabama, anybody? This is one kind of pressure even the most pig-headed Moore supporters would notice.

3 Likes

an Alabama Republican who dislikes Moore

who has to maintain his anonymity under fear of being firebombed by his fellow Hezbollah radicals. In fucking Republican-held Alabama.

3 Likes

I’m with you @massie. Hang in their Big Roy! You’re a – the – perfect standard bearer for the Republicans of Alabama.

10 Likes

After days of mounting allegations that their Senate nominee had sexual contact with teenage girls while he was in his 30s, two Alabama GOP sources tell TPM they’ve finally decided to hold a meeting later this week to hash out whether they can stand by his side.

Support a pedophile for public office, or not? That is a tough question.

5 Likes

I’ve been thinking of what sort of business pressures could be brought about. The only businesses I know Alabama is big on involve sports. College football, anyway. Basketball, maybe? I don’t know about basketball.

All the black players [edit: make that all the players] for the Crimson Tide should take a knee this Saturday in protest or something. Of course they’d be taking a personal/professional risk themselves, but talent is talent.

Maybe not a good idea, but I’ll keep thinking…

2 Likes

Roy Moore is one of those special kind of bombastic loud mouth religious hypocrites who condemns forcefully loving LGBTQ couples and women who decide whether or not to be pregnant, but cruises malls to find little girls to satisfy his lust.
The fascinating thing is watching the enemies of the pro-choice and LGBTQ movement rally around Moore in support. They are making the same kind of calculation they made for Donald Trump. As long as Roy Moore will attack the LGBTQ and work to stop the pro-choice movements, they will give dirty Roy a pass on his hunger to touch 14 year old prepubescent little girls sex organs and have them touch his.
Maybe the republican party should make a campaign issue to lower the age of consent to 14 to avoid any future legal jeopardy for the former disgraced judge and reflect republican demonstrated support for Roy Moore.

6 Likes

Probably because I grew up during the Cold War, I find myself bemused by the information that the Alabama Republican Party has a central committee. Ready for annexation by North Korea, I guess.

5 Likes

Profile in Courage - Not:

becuz GOP/Policy.

3 Likes

Trump won the election in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin. This is not about southern stupidity. It’s about the neo-confederate triumph in every corner of the country.

8 Likes

[in reply to above]

I think the national election was about more than that, although it did involve many of those used to being in power, and fearing a change, asserting this.

This election is about Alabama primarily, and the people of Alabama will decide it (probably). I think the neo-confederate mentality is closer to the core here.

Well, Brooks has to run again next year and wants to keep his base happy.

I read that AT&T has not withdrawn ads from Hannity’s show, and in the current situation with the merger, probably wouldn’t risk it. That isn’t right.

Edited for a little more clarity.

2 Likes

From Politico:
Johnstown Never Believed Trump Would Help. They Still Love Him Anyway.
Excerpt:
For them, it’s evidently not what he’s doing so much as it is the people he’s fighting. Trump is simply and unceasingly angry on their behalf, battling the people who vex them the worst—“obstructionist” Democrats, uncooperative establishment Republicans, the media, Black Lives Matter protesters and NFL players (boy oh boy do they hate kneeling NFL players) whom they see as ungrateful, disrespectful millionaires.

And they love him for this.

“I think he’s doing a great job, and I just wish the hell they’d leave him alone and let him do it,” Schilling said. “He shouldn’t have to take any shit from anybody.”

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available