Discussion: AG Lynch: DOJ Probing Whether Post-Election Attacks Are Federal Hate Crimes

1 Like

It is much more important that the DOJ order the FBI to come clean about Russian hackers and their go-betweens in the Trump Campaign. I detect ongoing whitewash. If HRC’s email thing was of national importance, why isn’t foreign hacking and deliberate election-tampering?

6 Likes

Crime is crime. The whole concept of hate crimes is stupid and discriminatory.

Yep - about a million times more.

I really am having a hard time understanding how this election can be legitimate when the CIA and the NSA both have said that the Russian interfered in it.

The DNC was bugged and that shit brought down an administration.

God I"m old

2 Likes

You don’t understand what it means.

It’s a trigger in a law that allows the federal government to come in on what would otherwise be a state matter.

5 Likes

don’t worry… all of these hate crimes will cease immediately when Sen Sessions takes the helm…

FBI will be too busy investigating Hillary’s emails to bother with minor misdemeanors in the cities…

2 Likes

The FBI this week released its statistics on hate crimes committed in 2015, which found a 67 percent increase in hate crimes against Muslim Americans.

And that was before we elected a person who promotes violence and is anti-Muslim, not to mention anti-Latino, anti-black, ad nauseam. He’s nominated a couple of racists/anti-Muslims to his cabinet. What more license do you need if you’re a violent bigot in order to go out and attack?

1 Like

Why bother? Trump’s folks are just going to burn it all and ignore anything you find. I fully expect them to largely ignore hate crimes and bring as few prosecutions of them as possible and then claim that the dramatic drop in hate crimes is proof of “post-racial Murikkka.”

5 Likes
2 Likes

Lynch can gum up the works for a couple months, but she’s not going to stop the creation of “The Purge” once Trump is inaugurated. It’s open season come next February. Citations and small fines for harassing and assaulting various minorities and non-Christians will be the order of the day. There might even be a cable reality show, following around hooligans as they deal out rough justice to all “The Others” in our midst.

2 Likes

Not only that. These people will be give Medals of Freedom by Trump.

2 Likes

Frankly I believe Palast because literally no one including Obama thought the polls were that far off.

But before even going that far - there is a real case to be made about the legitimacy of this election since the goddamn NSA and the CIA both have said Russia interfered.

I can only surmise that Russia already owns us since nobody seems to be willing to step up and say, Hey, just a minute…

3 Likes

This is why local elections matter. If Dems controlled state legislatures, they could overturn these voter interferrance measures rather than wasting time and money trying to fight them in court 2 weeks before an election. We have the right ideas as the popular vote proved, we just don’t have enough state power to overcome (in my view) illegal voter suppression by the GOP.

1 Like

Obama also said that it was crazy to think that the election could be rigged in a country this large, and dangerous not to accept the results of the election.