Discussion: After House O'Care Repeal, Priebus Says Trump Punted 'Into The End Zone'

4 Likes

“The president stepped up and helped punt the ball into the end zone.”

I’m guessing Reince doesn’t watch a lot of football.

7 Likes

When you don’t know the sport, don’t use it metaphorically.

2 Likes

Republicans can do whatever they want. It’s right there in the constitution.

2 Likes

People who are clueless about football, or any sport for that matter, should not make analogies using football or other said sport. Otherwise, ridicule is sure to follow.

2 Likes

as seen in South Pacific: “I’m gonna Reince that man right out of my hair”…

2 Likes

I should like , if given the opportunity , to punt Mr Preibus nut sack into the next time zone.

4 Likes

ie: worst field position evah.

3 Likes

I don’t know football and when I read Priebus’ comment, I said to myself, “Wait, isn’t that a bad thing?”

5 Likes

…that he had to punt implies that his team sucks …

4 Likes

Note to Rancid Prepuce:

Block that metaphor!!

4 Likes

It’s foOuRth and tE n. and thE bAses aRe loaded. And Trump kiCks the bAll into the end zone. NothiNg but NeT! Gooooaaaaallllll. LiBTards Lose!

7 Likes

Priebus just punted into the gutter. Foul ball!

2 Likes

What Reince?
Did Orange Pustule Hitler punt your ass face down the field? Or something?
What?

1 Like

Sportsball? I think it is the 25 in most cases. Most would rather punt it inside the 5 yard line to be sure. It is a bad analogy. The guy knows football as well as he knows politics apparently.

1 Like

To use a sports metaphor, the whole thing today would be like Notre Dame kicking a FG on the last play of the half to take a 10-9 lead over Slippery Rock and dancing odd the field in celebration!!

1 Like

However, in football, punting the ball into the end zone results not only in a change of possession, but also the placement of the opposing team’s next snap at the 20-yard line.

However, in this case, it’s actually much worse than that. Chiselin’ Trump punted the football into his own end zone.

2 Likes

As good as your metaphor is, I still prefer the one offered up by @robertearle earlier today:

Having passed the fifty-yard line, Republicans decide to spike the ball.

2 Likes

GaMe, sET, aNd matCh!!!