Discussion: After Cancellation Of Summit, Trump Says He's Still In Talks With NK

Mr President, leaving a message on an answering machine is not the same as talking to someone.

4 Likes

Whiplash Diplomacy

6 Likes

Dear Mr. President,

North Korea has implanted a spy in your administration.

Yours, truly,

A Friend

3 Likes

Yesterday Trump listened to Bolton .
Today it seems he is listening to Pompeo.
Who the fuck will he listen to tomorrow ?

4 Likes

It doesn’t matter how it gets done as long as there is a meeting.
The meeting is a big win for Trump regardless of what Kim Jung Un agrees to.

1 Like

If the summit is still on for the 12th Pompeo will find out about it on the 11th.

1 Like

Or maybe the 13th?

5 Likes

“We’re going to see what happens,” trump told a reporter who asked if the summit was still off. “We’re talking to them now.”

Reporters keep acting like trump is trying to convey something meaningful when he says things like this. He’s not. He likes the immediate results - people paying attention to him, reporters hanging on his every word, him staying in the spotlight, etc etc. But the words themselves have no meaning whatsoever. He’s not trying to communicate anything at all, so attempting to discern what he’s communicating is a fool’s errand.

13 Likes

Trump’s letter to Kim was akin to something written by a child.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Precisely.

He lies.

3 Likes

“We’ll have it in two to three weeks. It’ll be terrific.”

4 Likes

There’s a definite stylistic similarity with the letter written to Kim. I wonder how many other such letters exist?

7 Likes

OK Media…don’t let him get away with his ‘maybe, we’ll see, it could be or maybe not’ BS that he uses to string you along…I’m SURE he’s off to one of his golf clubs for the long weekend and we really don’t need to ‘debate’ his ‘uhs’…

5 Likes

the summit may still happen on June 12, the original date set for the leaders’ meeting

Witness the fiscal conservatism of DT at work, striving to preserve the value of the commemorative coins so as not to waste taxpayer money.

3 Likes

Everybody’s doin’ it, doin’ it.

4 Likes

This is like a grade school love saga where the boy and the girl think each other okay or really icky depending on the hour.

2 Likes

Or a Rom Com movie adaptation of “The Taming of the Shrew”.

2 Likes

Actual text exchange between the Grand Marshall and the Supreme Leader, intercepted by Mr. Green’s Amateur Radio Club at Howard University Middle School of Mathematics & Science in DC:

T: You up?
K: Wassup Don?
T: Just watching Fox & Friends. That Ainsley is hot.
K: Yeah. She’s a real looker.
T: I’d really like to do her. I know she wants me.
K: Why don’t you?
T: Melania might find out. Cost me a fortune.
K: You’re such a dotard.
T: :disappointed:
K: You don’t know anything about being a dictator, do you?
T: Gotta go. Kelly’s coming.

4 Likes