Discussion: After 9th District Disaster, Board Of Elex Suggests Law Changes To House Committee

Besides the more logistical fixes, Strach suggested imposing stiffer penalties on people who interfere in the election process.

May I suggest a minimum of 7 years in the state penitentiary – with no reduction for good behavior, etc. Additionally, the guilty will lose the right to vote for the remainder of their natural lives.

7 Likes

Besides the more logistical fixes, Strach suggested imposing stiffer penalties on people who interfere in the election process.

Did she also propose that in the event of a fraudulent election the fraudster forfeits and the actual winner is sworn in?

Because if not the risk / reward ratio still entices Republicans. :imp:

6 Likes

She did not, for the as previously discussed here reason that it is too easy to fake an opponent’s cheating or plant a mole with one’s opponent to commit some cheating.

3 Likes

Risk / reward is less important than rigorous enforcement.

The fact is, what Dowless did was already illegal and already carried real penalties. It went undetected until the election was over because the detection and enforcement regime is woefully underpowered.

If justice were swift and sure, we wouldn’t need a billion-year prison term as a disincentive.

Criminals think they won’t get caught. Prove them wrong.

7 Likes

OT:
Does she (whoever that is in the uncaptioned photo) match her hair to every sweater, because that would be cool. And crazy, depending on the sweater.

5 Likes

The GOP and its criminal culture is the problem here. No point in shirking this truth. It’s as if the mob decided to run.

3 Likes

How about a recommendation that a tainted election should simply be redone, on a timely basis, under scrutiny, and without the rigamarole of redoing the primary just to get rid of a candidate the republican party doesn’t like?

2 Likes

And in the case of elecetion tampering I agree that they should lose their right to vote. This offense is one of the most egregious acts against a democracy.

3 Likes

Yeah, that bumblebee top…

as if ? ? …

2 Likes

My question still is are the members of the NC Election Board sure that this hasn’t happened in any other precinct? And I wonder how many elections have been affected by this same scheme?

1 Like

I gotta hand it to her for stylin’. Caught my artistic eye instantly, love it.

1 Like

Good point - Republican Texas gerrymandering is case in point - even after 8 years of being slapped by the courts we still voted using those maps and there’s no negative consequence which would make them think twice about doing it again.

5 Likes

Man, I am so damn old… She’s around 42, married, attractive, and she’s really young by appearance. By that I mean that I look in the mirror nowadays, and by comparison everybody else is a puppy.

I could rhetorically ask “Where did all the time go?”, but I know the answer. When you turn five years old and you recall your previous birthday, you’ve increased your life experience by 25% in the preceding year, so it seems like a long time. When you’re in your nineties, a year flies by in comparison, because you’ve experienced just a little more than 1% during the preceding year. The perceived rate of time flow is definitely subjective.

I guess I should look on the bright side. I’ve had a lot of fun.

2 Likes