Discussion: ACLU Sues Michigan For Barring Same-Sex Couples From Fostering Or Adopting

1 Like

Yep, screw kids who need help. It’s the Republican way.

7 Likes

We really need the ACLU, especially now. If you haven’t donated DO

When they come for you, someone will be on your side

3 Likes

I still cry every time I see the Rainbow White House photograph at the top of this article.

During Obama’s presidency, those were tears of joy. Now, all my grief is knowing what we’ve lost since January 20, and what we’ll be losing in years to come.

4 Likes

We cannot allow a group to reach into a taxpayers wallet then turn around and deny that citizen services,.

4 Likes

I’m old school. I sort of like the State here and the Church way, way over there.

7 Likes

Before same sex marriage was legal, they didn’t let unmarried couples adopt. Not sure if this is still the case. This was a huge problem for me and my then girlfriend now ex wife when I was trying to adopt my niece which left her in the foster system longer than necessary. Didn’t matter that there were no prohibitions in DC where we live. LIBTARDS!!!1!1!1!!!1!!1!one!!1!!!1!

This is why they want to privatize government services. It is all about denying access, not expanding access.

Agreed! I grew up in Michigan and my Dad was very religious and very conservative, and I attended a parochial school for the first few years. I’ll never forget how strongly my Dad opposed the school accepting government funds to support the lunch program. He told me, “You can’t accept public money unless you’re prepared to give the public a voice in how you operate.”

Of course, my Dad was a tax accountant, to I guess he knew something about that!!

1 Like