Discussion: ABC: Pruitt Lived In Townhouse Co-Owned By Energy Lobbyist's Wife

6 Likes

Scratches … just searching for itches —

1 Like

Even if the rate is close-to-market, the appearance of a conflict of interest is huge. Depending on the terms of the lease (I’m sure there is a written lease, right?) there are still endless levers of influence – of the kind that would lose you a clearance if the owner were a foreign entity. Even the “convenience” of not having to look for a residence and not having to employ a broker is worth more than the standard gift limits.

Of course, the supremes have ruled that it’s not actually a bribe unless there’s a written receipt detailing the services provided on both sides.

7 Likes

Once more I’ll take this opportunity to say…
In Chertolini’s America
Swamp drains you!

3 Likes

It is amazing what a cheap SOB this twit is…he takes and takes and takes and then whines when he is ‘caught’. Honestly.

5 Likes

Low-energy commentator won’t even write out his joke. Thinks readers will do his work for him. No effort!

7 Likes

This administration could machine gun grade school children in a school crossing and no one would do anything about it.

3 Likes

That’s in the FY-2019 education budget.

5 Likes

meta reply

excellent

2 Likes

I mean, I get it that these guys are in bed with industry but isn’t this a little too on the nose?

4 Likes

I took a writing job once with a client who struck me as about halfway nuts, and I showed her a piece and she said it was incomprehensible, the parts that were comprehensible were boring, and it was much too short. :smile:

3 Likes

He only lived there to go for coffee.

4 Likes

and succeeding beyond their wildest dreams .
Edi Amin ain’t got nothing on us

4 Likes

So are the Harts “deep state” or “shadow government” folks?

1 Like

Well, assuming that what we can see at the moment is just the tip of the corruption iceberg, I’d be willing to bet that this’ll go down as one of the, if not the most corrupt administration in the country’s history.

3 Likes

REALLY getting to the bottom of the barrel here.

These ‘people’ (using the term lightly) need to go, I mean REALLY need to be gone.

Run for office- the 2018 elections are 8 months away! And if Trump and Louie Gohmert and Steve King can get elected what’s to stop a qualified candidate?

Become a Precinct Committee Officer, sometimes it’s a Ward officer. You’ll meet with neighborhood Dems and get out the vote. Find good citizens willing to run for office.

Register people to vote. If you need to help people overcome the GOP-led Voter run-around help them do that.

Run for School Board. Make sure Civics is being properly taught. Think a majority of America knows how government works? Just 26% of eligible voters in America voted for Trump and half of eligible voters stayed home last November. Today’s 12-year olds will be voting for President in 6 years.

Run for Mayor, City Council, County Commissioner, Borough Assembly.

Get appointed to your Planning Commission. Know everything going on in your community.

Run for State Legislature or Congress. The next census is in 2020, just a year and a half from now, when we redraw Congressional Districts. And Trump is ALREADY trying to rig the census!

And get rid of GERRYMANDERING! Safe GOP seats gave us such intellectual giants as Louie Gohmert and Steve King. In most cases it’s the state Legislature that draws Congressional boundaries. Make it FAIR, OPEN and HONEST! We can do this!

Overturn Citizens United. Money is NOT speech and Corporations are NOT people- at least not until Texas executes one, and overturn any voter ID laws that are clearly an attempt to disenfranchise the poor and people of color.

https://emilyslist.org/run-to-win

“Those who would purposely mislead or seek to confuse others are bad people. Worse, they are evil.”
-Kathleen Parker

You Got To Run!

2 Likes

ralph_vonholst
Speaking of corruption. Oh, look.

The issue, in overview:

Then the Latvian government’s anti-corruption bureau began asking questions.
The Guardian has learned that talks with Trump’s company were abandoned after Krutoy and another of the businessmen were questioned by Latvian authorities as part of a major criminal inquiry there – and that the FBI later looked into Trump’s interactions with them at Latvia’s request.
Those involved deny that the inquiry was to blame for the deal’s collapse.
Latvia asked the US for assistance in 2014 and received a response from the FBI the following year, according to a source familiar with the process. Latvian investigators also examined secret recordings in which Trump was mentioned by a suspect.
This means the FBI looked into Trump’s efforts to do business deals in the former Soviet Union earlier than was widely known. (The Guardian, 3-29-18)

This administration makes muckraking look easy.

5 Likes

Not quite. This is a case of “these guys” being in the industry’s bed.

1 Like

Since when did we start expecting Republicans uphold any ethical standard?

2 Likes

So instead of a one timer, this is an ongoing bribe.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available