Discussion: A Newly Benevolent McConnell Channels Obama: ‘We’re All On One Team’

Oh great. Then hold a hearing and confirm Garland, RIGHT NOW. Not.

Fuck you.

34 Likes

Now? Now? The Obstructionist in Chief is all Kumbaya.

11 Likes

The fact that he wasn’t struck dead or turned into a pillar of salt when he said those words proves there is no justice in our world.

24 Likes

Satan phoned, Mitch. He told me to remind you he is keeping your cell hot and dry … and that your turn is coming up sooner rather than later. Take care of yourself, Mitch.

10 Likes

After his outright theft of a seat on the Supreme Court, which is something Dems cannot ever forgive or forget, he adopts a “conciliatory tone.”

It feels more like he’s smiling as he slips the stiletto in, because he knows he got away with it.

12 Likes

“As President Obama reminded us, we’re all on one team. This is an inaugural— This is an intramural—excuse me. This is an intramural scrimmage," he said.

“We’re not Democrats first. We’re not Republicans first. We’re Americans first. We’re patriots first. And now, as you put it, we’re all rooting for the President-elect’s success in uniting and leading the country,” McConnell continued.

Come on, this guy is trolling us - he has to be. C’mon, he can’t be serious. C’mon…

4 Likes

The MSM is going to report this with a straight face. C’mon…

This Is Not Normal.

5 Likes

The Turtle Moves

finally. Wonder what took him so long.

2 Likes

He is preparing himself for the role he sees himself taking over the next 4 years.

He is Majority Leader, and its extremely doubtful that will change in 2018.

He knows Trump is going to screw up monumentally. And he knows that Ryan and Trump are going to lock heads.

He wants to appear to be above the fray, as sort of the Grand Arbiter. He figures it will make a for a great book to retire upon.

9 Likes

Well, of course the turtle is setting it up so their side can label and blame anti-Trump protestors as thugs. Hey, we are all on one team, and yet those thugs adamantly reject that.

3 Likes

Screw you McConnell you a re about to get a taste of you own damn medicine.

9 Likes

If he actually put country first, he would have let Garland’s nomination go through the Senate. McConnell is the embodiment of everything that’s wrong in the Senate. He’s a complete corporate shill and is willing to ruin everything in Congress in order to get what he wants. Now he’s set the rule book for how an opposition can whine, moan, and refuse to do anything in order to get what they want with no political repercussions. If he thinks Democrats are going to unify around Trump after the Republicans led by him did everything they could to ruin Obama’s presidency, fat chance. The day he’s finally gone will be one of the happiest of my life.

12 Likes

I do have to give Senator McConnell credit. All other politicians make some attempt to cover their naked cynicism. Not old Mitch!

7 Likes

“As President Obama reminded us, we’re all on one team."

Yes, Obama had the opportunity to make this statement, because you failed in your professed number one goal to make him a one-term President.
As a great man once said: “There is no ‘I’ in 'team,” but there is a ‘you’ in ‘fuck you’".

10 Likes

Speak for yourself, Mitch.

We’re all Americans, but that brand got dumped in the shitter while you looked on and did nothing. No, Mitch, I am not on the same team as you. You’ve embraced trump and everything that he stands for and represents. The constant lies, racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, and the gleefully bragging of sexual assaulting woman. That’s who you are now Mitch. You can take that to your grave you ugly mother fucker.

Yes, I’m still angry.

16 Likes

2008: The country’s first black president is elected and McConnell says, “My top priority is to make sure Obama is a one term president.”

2016: The country’s first white supremacist is elected and McConnell says, “We’re all on one team, time to pull together.”

QED

22 Likes

Terrapin: “This is an intramural scrimmage.”

In which women, LGBTs, people of color, and Muslims get groped, beaten, jailed, deported, or lynched.

Just a bit of harmless fun to Republicans.

17 Likes

A newly benevolent McConnell …

This sounds like a piss-poor retelling of the Aesop’s Fable “The Frog and the Scorpion” but without the charm.

7 Likes