Discussion: 1958 TV Show Had Conman 'Trump' Selling Mystical 'Wall' To Hysterical Townspeople

Shipping is free, but if you want to get handsy, that costs extra.

13 Likes

Maybe we should furnish them at zoos, too?

3 Likes

24 Likes

Does a local Realtor, Mrs. Pelosi, pants him and shove him down a flight of stairs?

7 Likes

Why is that ’ strange ’ ? ? …

I wouldn’t consider it odd for the writer to have genealogy linked to Rasputin … :laughing:

Ras putin …get it ? ? …

11 Likes

1958 TV Trump wasn’t ashamed to be bald.

10 Likes

I’m less skeptical.

1 Like

@hassler Trump has a fringe at the front from the flap surgery. The center of his head is bald as a billiard ball. His hair would probably would look something like a monk’s tonsure if Trump didn’t arrange the elaborate combover.

12 Likes

Art and fiction frequently fore shadow reality. In 1629 the first science fiction story in the English language, The Man in the Moon and Nuncius Inanimatus, depicted a voyage to the moon.

6 Likes

AND Cannon, the detective whose TV hook was obesity.

3 Likes

Sweet Jesus - we are a computer simulation after all. Even the matrix is trying to warn us.

40 Likes

Donald Trump watched that episode in his youth and that’s how he came up with the idea.

Life copies art.

5 Likes

Best thing I’ve read in days. Damn, I needed that.

8 Likes

THAT is just phukin’ spooky!!!

3 Likes

Did anyone else get a serious grin when they heard the words, “You’re under arrest, Trump.”

29 Likes

This episode appears to have been remarked on as early as Jan. 2017 as the “Trackdown” Wikipedia entry has a cite from Vanity Fair that dates to then.

3 Likes

@tsp Nooo! Concrete parasols. Or paper parasols. Take your choice

1 Like

Now I’m wondering if it was based on Fred Trump.

15 Likes

New world definition:
Trump
[trəmp]

VERB
trumped (past tense) ¡ trumped (past participle)
persuade (someone) to do or believe something, typically by use of a deception.

4 Likes

Better than concrete I would say.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available