Discussion: 1 dead, 74 hospitalized In NJ Train Crash, National Transportation Safety Board Investigating

I am waiting to read/hear how Republicans are going to blame Hillary and Democrats for this, another disaster that has occurred because of their not spending on infrastructure. “Deferred Maintenance” kills people.

None of NJ Transit’s trains are fully equipped with positive train control, a safety system designed to prevent accidents by automatically slowing or stopping trains that are going too fast. The industry is under government orders to install PTC, but the deadline has been repeatedly extended by regulators at the request of the railroads. The deadline is now the end of 2018.

Well, I take back my comments from the other thread. Apparently NY trains have “ATC” (same thing?), but NJ trains do not. The schedule above for rollout of PTC is the same one I’m familiar with.

Now “engineer heart attack” or something like that is the most likely explanation, IMO.

Chris Christie is thinking…Cool,more federal relief money I can use to pay my Bridge-gate legal fees