Diplomat Points Out Ukraine Is Still Under Pressure From Trump Even Now

David Holmes, a U.S. diplomat in Kiev, made an alarming point during his testimony on Thursday: Though the military aid has been released, Ukraine isn’t necessarily off the hook from President Donald Trump’s demands due to the fact that Trump still hasn’t fully given them what they wanted.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1264446
1 Like

Anyone see where Congressman and Enraged Auctioneer Gym Jordan tried over and over to cut Holmes off?

15 Likes

I don’t remember anything in the Constitution saying David Holmes specifically was allowed to even be at these hearings. His testimony must be stricken.

7 Likes

Better yet, let’s just close up shop; give Schiff a wedgie; proclaim Trump emperor, and then go out for Chalupas.

6 Likes

The hand the GOP has been dealt:

9 Likes

OOOOOOf course he is. Trump is as an acute case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder this world has ever seen. His (un)natural inclination is to be spiteful and petty. He’s going to keep trying to get what he wants because A. he needs to destroy Biden. And B. He will keep trying to win because that’s success in his sick brain. It’ll be a matter of time until he incriminates himself again…and again…again…

5 Likes

The day after Mueller’s punt on his investigation Trump held his infamous call with Zelensky. And the day after the Senate fails to convict him in an impeachment trial he’ll be back to recruiting foreign help for the election. Book it.

20 Likes

Thank God for Holmes for making this point. It has been lacking, and he did his job.

Nancy Pelsoi ought to invite Zelinky to the House to give a speech to congress, ask Moscow Mitch to make it a joint address. Stress how, despite Trump’s actions, we stand with Ukraine, and against Russian aggression.

9 Likes

Our Country is not off the hook.
Impeach
Trial
Imprison

8 Likes

This is what’s scary. Trump is still President, and as much as a weasel that he is, I can easily see him cutting Ukraine loose as he’s done with the Kurds and South Korea already. It would be against our national security interests, but extremely valuable to Russia, naturally.

13 Likes

Putin has made it clear to his Orange Bottom that Ukraine should not be allowed to continue to be its own country, that instead Ukraine must accept it is nothing but a part of Russia—albeit a militarily and economically quite useful part.
Thus tRump continues to keep Ukraine dangling and begging while Russia continues to hammer it toward abject submission. The whole domestic political angle is merely a sideshow to the real drama being played out on Russia’s geopolitical stage.
That, plus Russia is desperate to get those crippling international sanctions lifted, so it must concoct an alternative narrative to who interfered with the 2016 US election.

4 Likes

I think this impeachment investigation tells me exactly why he needs to be removed now. Trump is unable to put his personal interests to one side and advance American national interests. Nixon was a dirty rat who could be counted on to feather his own nest, but even he acted to help America.

8 Likes

Yes, Jordan’s big problem was that he actually asked a question somewhere in the course of his rant - and I especially enjoyed it when Schiff gavelled his interruptions down once his time was up and Holmes was given an opportunity to answer. LOL.

It was clear by that point that Republicans were wary of actually asking questions and just intended to use their time to testify. They had been caught repeatedly with their pants down by both witnesses.

7 Likes

I thought Gym was going to have a stroke!

[laugh, laugh, laugh, laugh]

4 Likes

Boehner already set the precedent (or was it Ryan) when one of them bypassed Obama and invited Netanyahu (now under indictment) to address congress.

So yeah, have Zelensky address the House.

8 Likes

I think it was Boner…I mean Boehner. I would also have a nut-cutting democrat move that Gym be not allowed to ask questions until he tells everyone what he saw in the showers of Ohio State University over the time former wrestlers for the college claim team doctor Richard Strauss was in there as well.

1 Like

It’s called “Malignant Narcissism”.

It combines several psychopathies including NPD and Sociopathy and generally includes some form of Sadism also.

While not officially recognized a a defined disorder, it does appear in the literature as diagnosable, and Trump is a textbook case.

1 Like

Unfortunately, that issue has probably been moot from the start. Vladmir Putin knows exactly who Trump is working for.

3 Likes

Yet Nunes, Castor and Jordan keep shouting “ALL IN!”

@steviedee111 forgot the ‘ass’ to go along with their ‘jack’.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available