Did Mar-a-Lago Members Trade On Advance Knowledge Of Soleimani Attack? | Talking Points Memo

Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Chris Van Hollen (D-MD) want to know whether any Mar-a-Lago members had advanced knowledge that the Trump administration would kill a top Iranian general — and whether they used that knowledge to game the stock market.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1284429

This is my shocked face.:astonished:

ETA. Gotta get that $200K back somehow.

22 Likes

The sad thing is that as of this writing, readers could still be outraged at the prospect of rich-club-insiders getting pipeline information from the white house and profiting from it. But in a year or less everyone will accept this as normal.

7 Likes

Translation: they know Jr. inside traded on the information.

35 Likes

Hey, mob boss has to give his soldiers a taste. Keeps 'em loyal.

10 Likes

Is this really a surprise? The wealthy always…and I mean always…find away to protect their own and benefit from inside information…without consequences. That’s been true throughout history as far as I’m able to tell and this group of grifters and emotionally stunted elites would say this is just the way the world works.

5 Likes

" Did Mar-a-Lago Members Trade On Advance Knowledge Of Soleimani Attack?"

Do squirrels shit in trees?

17 Likes

…with daddy’s money

3 Likes

Surely non of the patriotic, All-American members and guests and Mar-a-Grifto would do such a thing!

6 Likes

As there are no one there by that description… yes.

2 Likes

Interesting that the stock price pattern is nearly identical for Northrop, Lockheed, and Raytheon Dec 31 to Jan 3. All were in a slight hole, increased slightly Jan 2, then a further significant jump Jan 3 for a 4 day increase of about 8%, 7% and 3%.

If you threw $1M from your change purse into these stocks, you just made $30,000 to 80,000 in a few days. Not a lot, but nothing to sneeze at (and prices probably expected to go higher). You certainly were not going to lose your initial investment. A safe bet.

Thanks for the tip Don. I’m sure you do this all the time.

16 Likes

Corrupt, fetid, and rotten to the core.

7 Likes

You beat me to the punch.

3 Likes

Patriotic does not longer mean what it once meant.

3 Likes

Also more favorable to incur the short-term capital gains in the first days of January (2020 tax year) than in the week prior (2019 tax year), though I don’t think of Trump patient enough for tax favorable action (delay) that rewards insider trading.

3 Likes

It’s not just defense stocks or the IranFiasco. It has been increasingly obvious over at least the past year. The on-again/off-again China trade talks have been an insider trader’s paradise. With a negative comment from Trump, the algorithm-driven market drops. With a positive statement a week later, it predictably drives the market up and recovers the losses.

Trump’s friends have obviously been given inside information about the timing and direction of these comments. And it is a lead pipe cinch that they have been selling and buying based on that information. When the SEC was a functioning commission, it was alert to this type of trading; traders went to jail. But not only is the SEC non-functioning now, but the Democratic members have either gone to sleep or into hiding. I have been waiting for the Times or the Post to break an investigative story, but nothing yet.

20 Likes

@squirreltown, care to give feedback here?

9 Likes

How about Eric Trump’s now-deleted ‘about to open a big can of whoopass’ tweet, from that same weekend?

LOCK THEM UP!

23 Likes

“I didn’t join this place just for the chocolate cake, ya know.”

14 Likes

All his money is from daddy.

2 Likes