Democrats Hammer Need For Witnesses After Trump Lawyers’ Argument

Salmon this thread complain about puns, but you should ignore the bass-tards. I for one am in the roe of people that support you trout the entire episode!

26 Likes

So there’s Rudy, Lev, Igor, Derek and Kash from Nunes, Nunes, Barr, Barr’s assistants, Sonderland, Perry, Pence, a couple of lawyers over here, there and everywhere. So for the people count I think it washes out.

Don’t think so, Trump can give anyone a security clearance, ie Jarad, that guy that beat his 1st and 2nd wives, who was also dating Hope Hicks, besides he had a whole WH department handing them out left and right.

Pompypanttiesinatwist was already in the deal, and Trump didn’t have to fire her to her face, that’s what a cabinet Secretary is for.

11 Likes

This is the right line to take, I’m glad they are doing it.

They should go further and say the R’s can vote to acquit, or vote against witnesses, but they can not do both.

Either a Senator thinks Trump is innocent in which case witnesses will assure the American people Trump does not abuse power. Or he is guilty and the value of witnesses Is less then than the imperative he be removed quickly.

But creating the impression that the facts were suppressed, and allowing Trump to continue in office when 70% of the public want witnesses —what could be more detrimental to public trust?

34 Likes

I’m not at all a Bernie fan. But I absolutely hate, hate, hate Donnie.

So I’m gonna vote Blue, no matter who…

13 Likes

4 Likes

I heard the last part of the interview, and Pompeo refused to answer questions about how he “supported” the ambassador. An arrogant, lying evangelical. Every day reinforces the hypocrisy of the faux Christians and how much I loathe them.

25 Likes

I was just going to post a link to Mediaite’s story on this subject.
Mr. Sanders has gained six points since the last Times-Siena survey, in late October, and is now capturing 25 percent . Buttigieg is at 18 percent. Biden is at 17 percent.
It’s not just Iowa:

This poll follows a New Hampshire poll that showed Sanders surging, as well as a CNN poll that showed Sanders taking a national lead for the first time.

Are people just trying to prove Hillary wrong?

1 Like

He’ll lie, stonewall, say he doesn’t remember (while reminding us he has the best memory of anybody), and he’ll be in deep shit at the end of the day. He’s been wailing about how people have been unfair to him since he was kid at the military academy. He found it works, so why not make it part of his repertoire.

8 Likes

I have to say I am very surprised by this polling. If this becomes Biden/Sanders I think it becomes entirely unpredictable. And more dangerous for the Democrats — the possibility of a 2016 rerun increases.

To calm my fears I will sit cross-legged and recite my mantra: Vote blue no matter who, vote blue no matter who, vote blue no matter who.

24 Likes

Agreed. I was very depressed by this news this morning.

14 Likes

Don’t reply to little blue gill, she’ll just flounder around with her crappie trolling.

19 Likes

The GOP has clammed up, flexing their mussels mightily.

15 Likes

Yep, I still don’t see Bernie beating Donnie in the general election, but Vote blue no matter who, vote blue no matter who, vote blue no matter who.

10 Likes

You need some compliant State beaurocrats to create and/or bury contradictory paperwork supporting/refuting the alleged failure to address corruption.

Even Jared the preznits son-in-law had to fill out the forms (as many times as it took) and suffer the background check. My point isn’t that the clearance will be denied, just that the process has some, er, risks involved for certain people.

That may not be true, for instance at the time of Fruman’s 1 hour video recording. The Duke of Pompe-toro was not confirmed as SoS until April 2018, and by other accounts the Trump Naftogaz grift attempt had been in the works since at least 2017.

But this is, undoubtedly, the dog that didn’t bark. The ambassador serves at the president’s pleasure. So why didn’t he remove her through regular channels. Hell, he could have installed rudy as her replacement.

9 Likes

I rarely get punny but it’s Saturday, and I’m looking for a tuna fun. Kanyu help out?

12 Likes

I’ve listened to the interview twice, and Pompeo is like a sinister character from Orwell’s 1984. He spouts platitudes and refuses to answer questions, and then gets upset when the interviewer has the temerity to note he hasn’t answered the question.

When Pompeo took that Holland Career test in high school, I’ll bet the careers he matched with were: 1. Dictator; 2. Prison Warden; 3. Public Relations.

16 Likes

I’m not sure I can compete in this contest - minnow that women are much better at puns!

9 Likes

So clam up!

8 Likes

You’re already floundering…

13 Likes

His mussels are slack.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available