There was no federal legislation to speak of re: guns. However,
…frontier towns by and large prohibited the “carrying of dangerous weapons of any type, concealed or otherwise, by persons other than law enforcement officers.” Most established towns that restricted weapons had few, if any, killings in a given year.
The settlements that came closest to unchecked carry were the railroad and mining boom towns that tended to lack effective law enforcement, a functioning judicial system, and firearm law…
“Why does anyone think that they can cherry pick the Second Amendment and say this this is the one enumerated right that we can take away from people?” Boebert said.
Moron. NONE of the enumerated rights are absolute.
The whole gun crowd seems not to understand, or pretends not to understand, that limiting a right is not repealing it, and that almost all rights are limited in a variety of ways. You can’t go down to Bud’s Guns ‘n’ Bait and get a grenade launcher and you can’t get a long list of other things.
But this one as an individual ain’t right. There’s a real obsessive flavor to her routine. It seems like having guns, lots and lots of guns, is the main organizing principle of her life and identity. It’s not a pastime, it’s not protection, it’s her, somehow. Creeps me out and not just because guns are dangerous. I wouldn’t call her a gun nut as much as a nut period full stop.
I was taught that guns were the only tool made with the intended function to do harm and kill and as such should never be handled flippantly or ostentatiously displayed. To do so indicates the intention to harm someone.
Damn…It’s the Palin hillbillies all over again. There sure are a lot of “notable” Rethugs who are worse than the designation of trailer trash.
Do Democrats have anyone comparable, or do we just keep them well hidden?
It’s only fair to point out that the Palins have never given food poisoning to dozens of people, unlike the Boeberts. And the Palins have also been pretty good about showing up to court for their criminal cases, so they have that going for them too.
I used to be a competitive shooter. I still enjoy shooting and hunting. I own several guns. You might say I am a gun enthusiast.
The difference is my firearms are all locked in safes. Ammunition is stored separately in locked cabinets. They only leave the safe when I am getting ready to go to the range to shoot or I am cleaning or otherwise servicing them in my workshop. I am careful to observe all the rules of gun safety. I always assume every gun I encounter or handle is loaded.
She is a careless gun nut. She is the kind of fool who has never suffered an accidental discharge or seen what a gun can do to another human being or to an animal. She scares the hell out of me.
Are they arrogant enough to run for Congress, or are they “above” that? The Rethugs seem to think that the dumber they are the better they are suited to be in Congress.
And there is NOTHING in this day and age that would cause me to vote for anyone of the Republican party.
“Trent Ton, what about New Jersey?”
“Augusta, do you know the capital of Maine?”
“Frank Fort, how about Kentucky?”
“Anna Polis, what’s the capital of… Anna! Stop picking on Mary Land!”
ETA: Oh, geez, there are loads more. Jackson, Jefferson City, Helena, Lincoln, Carson City, Harris Burg, Pierre, Rich Mond, Olympia, Charles Ton, Madison.