Cuomo Signs $5 Million Book Deal Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations And Cover-Ups

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) has landed a lucrative deal with publisher Penguin Random House for his upcoming book on his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic –even though that handling is currently under investigation, and so are the multiple allegations of sexual misconduct against him.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1374473

Arrogance on parade

4 Likes

Is it too much to ask that, in a country of over 300 million people, we find a handful for executive positions who don’t think that it’s okay or just joking around to hit on subordinates?

9 Likes

That, combined with the fact that there are probably 2,999,999 other books I’d rather read first.

7 Likes

It’ll be in the remainder bin in a couple of months, alongside every other political tome that nobody reads.

11 Likes

YAY!!!:clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

YAY!!..automated system demands a sentence…sigh

3 Likes

“Demands a sentence”

Lock @discobot up!!!

7 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

2 Likes

I’m still asking myself whether Cuomo at least stepped into a leadership gap and tried to do something about the crisis, or if it were all theater or what. He’s obviously a far from perfect person. But at the time, if I’d been living in NYC, I’d have felt that someone was driving the bus. I felt that way about our own governor at the time, when he started closing stuff down and otherwise doing what had to be done. I think we all remember Trump’s efforts to portray leadership without having the slightest idea how to actually do it and never actually taking the situation seriously. Cuomo just seemed more serious and competent by contrast. So I’m a jury that’s out on this. :thinking:

7 Likes

Who the hell buys these books?

7 Likes

I had a Randy Rainbow crush on Andrew Cuomo at the time. I was hooked on his daily press conferences.

I’m going to miss Governor Wolf.

3 Likes

If you plan to run for President, you have to put out a book. The first I ever bought (and actually read) was Jimmy Carter’s.

3 Likes

I read a book by Jimmy Carter about outdoor stuff he’d done, fishing and so forth. It was actually pretty good.

2 Likes

I am ambivalent about whether he was a good President, but as a person, he’s hard to beat.

6 Likes

Agree but don’t need a book by him. There are other things he ought to be doing.

1 Like

Oh my god I’d never read a book like that. I’m mildly curious what it was like, knowing there was effectively no national-level effort being made and the weight was on people like you, and feeling your way forward in that situation. But not whole-book curious. :grin:

2 Likes

The book was published last October. It is not a future event. This is very bad reporting.

7 Likes

Jesus. Yeah, that’s bad, like hard-to-believe bad.

2 Likes
2 Likes

$5 million for a big name, considering that it was being shopped around and likely had a bidding war at the time he was at the height of interest, doesn’t sound out of whack.

Just turned out to be a bad bet when he ended up with scandals on the side and was no longer the big hero.

5 Likes