Cruz Targeted For Possible Disbarment For Boosting Election Steal Efforts In Court

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) is facing potential disbarment after throwing himself into ex-President Donald Trump’s scheme to steal the 2020 election through bogus litigation.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1415630
1 Like

Sweet.

ETA. Don’t know if this will work but it’s good to see the MF have to dance.

36 Likes

In a statement to the New York Times, a Cruz spokesperson accused the 65 Project of being a “far-left dark money smear machine run by a who’s who of shameless Democrat hacks” whose complaint “won’t be worth the paper it’s printed on.”

Cruz may lose his law license, but he’s just won the award for packing the largest number of cliches into a single sentence.

33 Likes

Somebody pinch me, I must be dreaming, can this be real? If it is then there is hope yet for the great state of Texas. I was stationed in Ft. Hood back in the day and swore I’d never set foot again in that state again.

I do miss Austin and Barton Springs and late great Armadillo World’s Headquarters. Something like this might cause me to change my mind.

YeeHaw! How bout Dem Cowboys!

9 Likes

Look at that soft, delicate hand. That hand belings to a man who has never done an honest day’s work.

16 Likes

I have no idea how far a complaint like this will go but it’s good to see it on the record even if just a burr under that peckerwood’s saddle.

13 Likes
Cruz Targeted For Possible Disbarment For Boosting Election Steal Efforts In Court

Well, whatta ya know — there is a God!

5 Likes

It’s a start.

21 Likes

If dishonesty required actual effort for him, he wouldn’t do that either. But the dishonesty part comes to him so easily.

15 Likes

It’s action…and sometimes it does the unexpected

10 Likes

I once checked on a lawyer’s license and learned he had surrendered it, for reasons unknown.
Cruz doesn’t need a license to be be a senator. Wonder if his surrender of it would render the matter moot.

2 Likes

I was there October 69 thru April 71. Have the same feelings.

2 Likes

No. Jerry and Stephen Jones still run the organization.

5 Likes

This is rich…
"Cruz spokesperson accused the 65 Project of being a “far-left dark money smear machine run by a who’s who of shameless Democrat hacks” whose complaint “won’t be worth the paper it’s printed on.” ".

5 Likes

I bet nothing happens past the headline. Proof of his involvement won’t be enough to make the big choice like this. Someone higher up (and no, I don’t know who) will make this all go away and we’ll never hear about it again.

1 Like

“He cannot be shielded from the consequences of that decision simply because, unlike Mr. Trump’s other attorneys, he happens to hold high public office.”

In fact, I suggest that he face some consequences particularly because he holds public office.

16 Likes

You misspelled squirm and sweat.

12 Likes

Ted should be happy he is only disbarred.

3 Likes

This fucking mollusc doesn’t practise law anyway. He gets his checks and perks from taxpayers, no need to get all messy doing lawyering.

6 Likes

The attempted coup was a political fight, not a legal one. All of the lawyers involved, including Cruz, knowingly put their licenses on the line because they understood that losing that license would be a small (and easily reconcilable) price to pay if they could achieve the political victory of dismantling the republic and replacing it with an autocratic Republican machine. While they weren’t able to take it that far - yet - the political victory is still being decided. With a huge portion of the country now convinced that democracy no longer works and a SCOTUS that seems to agree, they might yet claim that win.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available