Crunch Time For Trump As NY AG Closes In On Her Big Prize

What is Bluesky Social? Are you on there instead of Xitter?

1 Like

I did that with my dog, Macy. She made it to 14 and weighed 93 lbs. I carried her anywhere she needed to go. One day, she was so exhausted and tired and she looked up at me from the ground and I knew immediately that it was time. My knees just gave way and I caught myself before I hit the ground. I don’t know how you know these things, but you just do. My wife and I cried when they put her to sleep, but she went very peacefully and without a whimper.

9 Likes

I lurk occasionally. It’s one of the alternative sites to Xitter.

2 Likes

GJjkz0AXMAAmwLl

2 Likes

Ouch!

1 Like

It looks like there’s blood coming out of his wherever.

5 Likes

Being professedly gay does not prevent elderly white males from still being racist assholes.

3 Likes

That could happen.
Although no children, no relatives, in an immediate orbit.

My Sweetie is the last of her lineage.
I have two nephews and a niece, distant.
One nephew I’ve never met, the other gravitated to my sister’s ex (who shat on her).
Sis and my Sweetie are the two nicest women I know. Sis raised him right too.
Was a great kid, but probably MAGA now with dad in south AL.

Two godchildren, neither inspires.

So maybe my niece… or I’ll cash in and put it all on black at a roulette table in southern France. :smile:

3 Likes

My 16-year-old Heeler mix kept trying to follow me around the house, even though it was painful for her to get up and down. She had been incontinent for some time, but I worried most about her getting stuck on the wrong side of the dog door (outside) in 100+ degree weather. It was time, but that did not make it easier. She was tired and needed to rest.

6 Likes

Just to note that MSNBC is already chock full of conservative, Republican (not all of them even former Republican) voices. I don’t know how many of them also provide analysis on NBC.

1 Like

If it makes you feel better, when I was about 5, I lit a stick from our garbage incinerator, and set fire to the hill by our house. I wanted to burn it down. When the fire department came, I was hiding in the basement, next to the furnace. It was late summertime. Your story just reminded me, and how fragile life can be. Peace.

4 Likes

:heart:

1 Like

:heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Yup. Remember the ‘definition’ of an ‘honest politician’–one who ‘stays bought’!! :thinking: :smirk:

2 Likes

The container ship had two pilots who should have been steering the container ship. They took that support nearly head on. Authorities are still trying to figure out how many vehicles/people went into the 47 degree water.

6 Likes

For some reason, I think of the Popemobile…

3 Likes

In this case, it’s a Dopemobile.

6 Likes

We don’t know why it happened yet. The crew (I think mostly Indian nationals) are all still on the ship.

@stephen_maturin posted the below comment in the Y’all Newsworthy thread in the Hive.

4 Likes

Baltimore’s Key Bridge collapsed after a ship crashed into it. Here’s what we know so far

From CNN Staff

The Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore collapsed early Tuesday morning after it was struck by a 984-foot cargo ship.

Here’s what we know:

• What happened? Video shows the moment the entire bridge structure falls into the water, as the ship hits one of the bridges pillars. CNN analysis shows that the ships lights flickered and it veered off course before it hit the bridge.
  • How many people are missing? Baltimore’s Fire Chief James Wallace said at least two people have been rescued, but they are searching for upwards of at least seven others. The Maryland Transportation Secretary also confirmed there were contractors working on the bridge at the time of its collapse. Officials noted that the number of missing people could change.
  • How have authorities responded? Wallace said authorities are carrying out a search and rescue operation using sonar and infrared technologies as well as drones. He said they have identified vehicles submerged in the water. Maryland Gov. Wes Moore declared a state of emergency following the collapse of the bridge. The Baltimore branch of the FBI is also at the scene, however the Baltimore police chief said there was no indication of terrorism as a motivating factor.
  • What was on board the ship? The ship was chartered by Danish shipping company Maersk and was carrying their customers’ cargo, the Danish shipping company told CNN. The company said no Maersk crew or personnel were onboard the vessel. It said the ship, DALI, is operated by charter vessel company Synergy Group.

Photo of the ship and the bridge this morning in the daylight.

7 Likes

Has this been discussed?

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available