Conway: Congress Should ‘Celebrate’ Strike | Talking Points Memo

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway defended President Trump’s threat to destroy Iranian cultural sites in the aftermath of the strike that killed top Iranian military official Qasem Soleimani while speaking to reporters Monday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1282844

Putin is a bad guy, so is Kim and many others, is this a new official policy to do assassinations of other countries leaders?

11 Likes

I was wondering where the harpy has been the last couple of weeks.

9 Likes

This guy was a military leader, not a political one. Not sure it qualifies as being the same as the others you mention.

1 Like

Fun fact: Kellyanne Conway was a high school cheerleader.

9 Likes

If they sent Kellyanne out to lie then you know they know they done fucked up.

31 Likes

Not always a really clear separation between military and political. and regardless, this was against a country that we are currently not supposed to be at war with.

5 Likes

There is nothing to celebrate here. These folks are sick sick people, the whole damn lot of them.

14 Likes

We have never declared war against Iran. Never.

ETA. I read musgrove too fast.
I would like to add that this looks like an assassination. Can someone with knowledge of international law comment on its legality.

4 Likes

I know … let’s have an Assassination Party!

I’m sure Vlad, Kim, Erdogan and others would love to be special guests and chair a discussion on best tactics.

7 Likes

The comedy stylings of Kellyanne the Conway are well passed their Best By date.

We never declared war against Afghanistan … or Iraq … or Vietnam … or North Korea.

We never declare war; it’s so pre-color TV … so '40s. We just wage them.

10 Likes

They should be dancing on rooftops in New Jersey.

6 Likes

I was hoping someone had thrown water on her.

16 Likes

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway defended President [Trump’s threat to destroy Iranian cultural sites], just like the Taiban.

1 Like

“They’re allowed to kill our people. They’re allowed to torture and maim our people. They’re allowed to use roadside bombs and blow up our people,” Trump said. “And we’re not allowed to touch their cultural site? It doesn’t work that way.”

From the ‘author’ of The art of the deal.

6 Likes

Will there be hamberders?

4 Likes

Where are they getting the idea to rhyme like old-fashioned black preachers? “They should celebrate, not denigrate.” “If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation.” They sound like some old Flip Wilson routine from 1972.

19 Likes

ICYMI / OT

Aaaaand they’re off!

15 Likes

Hey, Kellyanne, how 'bout you guys kill Putin?

There’d be a lot of people celebrating that.

4 Likes

Doesn’t make a difference - he was a political leader, even if unelected, a popular figure or at the very least one everyday Iranians knew by name. Think Colin Powell back in the day, or even Donald Rumsfeld. Or if you want to go way back, pre-presidency Eisenhower. Remember that Iran has been at war for much of its citizen’s lives, and when not, on the brink of it and acting through proxies. He was in no sense some nameless mid-level bureaucrat to them.

2 Likes