Community User Personal following/communication

Is it possible to "follow" someone via notification of their posts, even if not as a Reply to one of your own?

It seems that this is a key to Disqus; is it part of The Hive and I just haven't figured it out yet? Maybe not, 'cuz that could lead to stalking?

I'm talking to YOU, @Lestatdelc , @Doremus_Jessup, @joelopines, @CaptainCommonsense, @MartinHeldt, @CommieDearest, @IrasDad, @PluckyInKY, @ThunderclapNewman, @Sniffit, @thepsyker, @DaveyJones64, @AntiSachetDeThe, @JJRothery, and others I will add here.

Looking at the Discourse site, it has long been discussed but has not yet been implemented:

I think right now the only way is to click on the user name and look up their list of posts...

I think right now the only way is to click on the user name and look up their list of posts...

I believe if you go to their profile you can see all that, and personally, I dont think its a feature I'd care for...smells like a spam opportunity to me. A better way is to just keep up with topics you care about. I know you could star topics...dont know if that is still available

1 Like