
On cnn.com there’s video of a health minister in Iran answering questions at a presser and he clearly has a fever and is not well. And there’s a fellow standing next to him who seems healthy. That was yesterday. Today the minister has tested positive for corona virus. Neither were masked at that presser and so the other gent was exposed. As were many in that room and anyone else the minister came in contact with. Not good. Not good at all.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2020/02/25/iran-deputy-health-minister-positive-coronavirus-cnni-vpx.cnn
Sorry about going OT here.
edit
“trump thinking…” … heh, that stopped me right there. Made me click on the story.
We’ve been watching old episodes of Perry Mason, and our lungs hurt just watching all the smoking.
I never have understood the attraction of breathing smoke so actively for cigarettes. Now a joint was clearly another matter entirely.
edit
Mrs darr is a fan of Perry Mason and was guilty of binge watching that show.
At this point, does it really matter? The GOP senate would approve the nomination of a New Guinean Long-nosed Bandicoot. They are total accomplices.
You’re in Arizona and Trump said warm weather will stop the Coronavirus. I’m pretty sure Article II makes him the chief medical officer in the country, so you have nothing to worry about.
That Trump is considering Ratcliffe again tells me there are enough people in the white house pressuring Trump not to install Grenell permanently. Maybe those people could actually recommend someone qualified, rather then letting Trump just randomly suggest names from his increasingly shrinking pool of supporters.
Flip side, may end up solving the Iran, China, and North Korea problems for us.
We watch a lot of old movies, and it always kills us to see the doctors lighting up in the hospital corridors.
Trump is like cockroaches when you turn on the lights.
They don’t know why the scatter they just do.
The GOP circular firing squad is reloading.
From the Wiki: He was in charge of Lifeboat #6, where he refused to return to rescue people from the water according to several accounts of those on the boat, including Margaret Brown, who argued with him throughout the early morning.
OT
Great news yesterday
Teck Resources cancelled their huge tar sands project. It means this:
Nine years in the planning, the project would have increased Canada’s oil production by roughly 5 percent. But it would have also slashed through 24,000 acres of boreal forest and released millions of tons of climate-warming carbon dioxide every year.
I may be wrong, but I think a Prez can stack acting directors in whatever capacity he’s needing to fill. So long as he’s resigned to having “temporary” heads of departments and agencies Congress has no ability to perform a confirmation process. When was the last time Trump filled a slot with someone that had to be formally confirmed by the Senate? Kavanaugh? Which doesn’t count, there is no such thing as an acting SCOTUS Justice.
Advise and consent is a joke to Trump. And apparently it’s a joke to the GOP majority in the Senate.
65 is the high temp today and it is sunny outside. And I am barricaded in the house. They ain’t a gittin’ me dammit!!!
And there is always one who is clueless.
Epic collateral damage however.
now I do wish that discobot would catch this virus… Here is its latest commentary to me as I write this post:
Consider replying to several posts at once
Rather than several replies to a topic in a row, please consider a single reply that includes quotes from previous posts or @name references.
You can edit your previous reply to add a quote by highlighting text and selecting the quote reply button that appears.
It’s easier for everyone to read topics that have fewer in-depth replies versus lots of small, individual replies.
… … … … …
This is like taking over someone in a conversation. It’s rude. If I could send discobot a missive I would. But it’s just a bot with limited abilities. Rudeness being its chief ability. Praps discobot could learn to dance as its name implies.
I read that yesterday. The sad thing is that their economy is in tatters. Thanks to Trump.
That will complicate Iran’s ability to deal with containment, treatment and enable the virus to spread throughout the Middle East.
If it spreads to Venezuela, South America is screwed. They still have people fleeing to Brazil, Columbia and elsewhere.
He’s scurrying because he just learned that his brand new acting DNI once said, “Trump is dangerous. Wake up. He’s reckless.”
That Iran is a focal point now pains me. I visited friends there in 1970 and I enjoyed my time there. It’s very sad we are at loggerheads.