CNN: Trump Suggested Having Impeachment Witnesses Fired | Talking Points Memo

President Donald Trump has reportedly floated firing administration officials who have testified in the House impeachment investigation into Trump’s Ukraine scheme.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1263211
1 Like

White House’s “streamlining” efforts

Also known as a “witness reduction program.”

56 Likes

“White House aides warned Trump against forcing out the witnesses, advising that doing so would be seen as retaliation.”

Some experts agree that being seen pouring gasoline on a structure, pulling a matchbox from your pocket, lighting a match, and throwing the burning match onto a strategically placed pile of oily rags that are placed on the building’s main floor would be seen as arson.

51 Likes

National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien told CBS News’ “Face the Nation” host Margaret Brennan last week that Vindman will eventually be sent back to the Pentagon as part of the White House’s “streamlining” efforts. He denied any retaliation against Vindman.

I can sleep well at night knowing that Robert O’Brien, a lick-spittle who does the bidding of a Russian stooge, and then lies about it, is making key decisions about our country’s National Security!

30 Likes

White House aides warned Trump against forcing out the witnesses, advising that doing so would be seen as retaliation.

Trump then fired those White House aides in retaliation.

46 Likes

How about we just streamline you, Donald? So much simpler. Saves taxpayer dollars. You’ll have more time to spend with your defense attorneys.

20 Likes

“Of course it’s reta – retali – retalation! What’s the point of being President if I can’t fire losers who betray me?!”

22 Likes

Desperate people do and say stupid fucking things.

18 Likes

Doesn’t sound like obstruction at all.

Oh, and lock her up.

7 Likes

“The White House has been staffed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute.”

19 Likes

I thought Vindman had already been removed from his position in the White House.

4 Likes

The directors of the firm hired to continue the credits after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked. The credits have been completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute.

21 Likes

Unnamed sources told CNN that White House aides warned Trump against forcing out the witnesses, advising that doing so would be seen as retaliation.

No shit. Brilliant deduction. Who are these brilliant aides?
((( lays head on desk )))

20 Likes

TBF, Stupid Fucking Things was Trump’s brand long before desperation set in.

8 Likes

Tsk. The gasoline was being used to remove some stubborn stains. The rags were used to scrub the stain. As for the matches? Lots of people have matches. Hillary had matches. Obama had matches. What are you, another one of those CT types?

18 Likes

Why blame these aides for what Trump had to be told?

12 Likes

Ho hum, another article of impeachment (yawn).

17 Likes

Welp, I’ve kinda given up on trump being able to discern what is good from bad as far as optics, consequences, or legal aspects of a decision are concerned. So he needs to be told.
And from what I can see from my distant vantage point out west here…trump’s idea of hiring “the best” is certainly different than mine.

13 Likes

It’s like a remake of Animal House, but with the creepy frat rats deciding on a “really stupid and futile gesture” instead of the Deltas. (Not that the Deltas weren’t creepy in their own way.)

5 Likes

Almost 3 years into our national nightmare and the Moron-in-Chief still hasn’t figured out that Federal government isn’t run like a business.

There are people in government who were here before you, Donnie. They’ll be here after you, and they’re going to take you down because you were too stupid to bother trying to understand how the system works.

36 Likes