Clyburn Suggests Someone Within US Capitol Was ‘Complicit’ In Letting Mob Inside | Talking Points Memo

I’ll be happy watching the inauguration from the safety and comfort of the couch in my den.

4 Likes

Yes. We didn’t need to see a pitched gun battle inside the Capitol. We had a bad situation; didn’t need to make it worse.

I’m not given to conspiracy theories, but I’m glad Clyburn brought this up, if only to balance the Antifa bullshit we’re hearing from the other side.

What Clyburn is claiming needs serious investigation. Given the irresponsibility of 2/3 of the House GOP, it is highly likely that staffers from the most extreme members of the GOP caucus were (a) in touch, in advance, with organizers of the protest, and (b) willing to let rioters in through side doors.

Reports indicate the rioters had, in advance, maps of the underground tunnels that connect the House and Senate office buildings with the Capitol and with each other. How did they get their hands on those maps?

10 Likes

Occurs to me now that Mumm’s never seemed all that special. Anyone got suggestions for the good stuff?

1 Like

All of this I agree with.

Thanks for putting it succinctly.

3 Likes

Well, Mumms is kind of old school, like Uncle President Biden.

4 Likes

Pelosi ordered the House Sergeant-at-Arms to supply those to the AntiFa she had strategically placed in the crowd and ordered to hit the specific weak points where the cops ordered to duty that day knew to stand down and let them in.

All to squelch the rebellion from Cruz and others, she knew that the theater of it all would scare them into compliance and they would stop protesting the electoral votes.

Masterful execution, from top to bottom.

5 Likes

Malcolm Nance says we need to scrub all Chump loyalists, they are a threat to Biden personally and the nation generally. Like how Indira Ghandi got killed by her own protectors.

He says Dan Bongino (owner of Parler?) used to be Secret Service.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-loyalists/

6 Likes

Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame Blanc 2008.

It’ll set you back about $160 for a bottle, but you’ll swear you’re in Heaven when you drink it.

3 Likes

Who were professional combat military

2 Likes

For that much money I’d also like it to taste ridiculously good. :heavy_dollar_sign: :heavy_dollar_sign: :heavy_dollar_sign: :heavy_dollar_sign:

1 Like

Not an owner.
But Rebekah Mercer is the primary funder of the site.

3 Likes

Hmm. Thank you, I think. As happy as I will be to see our republic and way of life rescued, that’s a lot of money for a bottle of wine. :thinking:

By the way, word and trivia nerds, this is what is meant by “vintage champagne”: It’s not blended, but made of grapes grown in one particular year. Most decent still wine is made that way, so saying “vintage wine” doesn’t really mean anything.

2 Likes

I’ve read that a group affiliated with Ginny Thomas is one of them.

Countdown starting for a certain member of SCOTUS to retire?

7 Likes

That’s totally fair. :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. I wasn’t sure what I had passed over skimming. @castor_troy

1 Like

This is Parler now.

7 Likes

Who was that. Did not see that. A lot of Russians who immigrated in the 80s and 90s are trump nuts. I know some.

2 Likes

Wow. Really. She just doesn’t know when to quit.

Odd how so much of the punditry has dropped the Russia angle. Chump came into office treasonously conniving with Russians, and leaves fomenting insurrection. Quite the pair of bookends.

4 Likes

Nice. Thing is, that stuff is easy to say. Attention wingnuts! I will kill you all by making laser rays come out of my eyeballs! It will be scarier than any comic book you ever read and then you will die! GRRRRR! RAHHHHH!

1 Like

A person who knows another person told me the moon landing was fake.

4 Likes