‘Bold Strategy’: People Scratch Their Heads Over Trump Telling PA Rallygoers He Didn’t Want To Be There

President Donald Trump got remarkably candid on Tuesday night with his supporters in Pennsylvania, a state he desperately needs to win on Election Day, by telling them that if he had a choice, he wouldn’t have bothered to grace them with his presence.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1339606
1 Like

Vote on Covember 3rd !

42 Likes

So the thing he kept saying was no big deal he is calling it the plague, in public, on camera.

37 Likes

Nothing says, “Love me!” like dissing someone’s home and making them sick.

26 Likes

Or early if you can.

7 Likes

Meanwhile, there goes his China attack against Joe.

59 Likes

Axiom: every Trump accusation is in fact an admission of guilt. Drugs? check. Senility? check. Foreign agents? check. Pedophilia? check. Etc ad nauseum.

62 Likes

Pathetic

8 Likes

“And then we got hit with the plague, and I had to go back to work,” Trump said. “Hello, Erie. Can I please have your vote?”

Strangely enough, the comment met with cheers and applause from the crowd.

I have to assume the “strangely enough” is sarcasm, not incredulity.

24 Likes

“I mean, I have to be honest…”
LOL

42 Likes

You mean he will lean into it even more?

18 Likes

Probably

4 Likes

“Strangely enough, the comment met with cheers and applause from the crowd. “

Not strange at all, unfortunately. These people by and large hate themselves deep down so they love it when their hero tells them they’re worthless. I just finished watching the documentary series on the cult NXIVM. It’s exactly the same dynamic with the cult leader Keith Rainere and his followers.

39 Likes

I haven’t been able to figure out his attraction, He abuses people around him and they cheer. I guess some people just like to be dominated by abusers and bullies.

42 Likes

Like a bad marriage huh?

9 Likes

Totem.

5 Likes

Wednesday news flash. Tio Loco gets a cheer from telling his base he hates them.

Go figure. Your local ballot, that is.

14 Likes

Nice to see him trying something new and telling the truth. I think that will work out strongly for him.

11 Likes

I’m almost shocked into voting for him myself.

18 Likes

To paraphrase, “I hated having to come here and talk to you ignorant slobs, but vote for me anyway.” It really is amazing how many people in this country hold themselves in a very low regard.

26 Likes