Bloomberg Video On Trans Rights Surfaces | Talking Points Memo

Before we go any further, define allegations (terrible conduct) that you would hate.

I thought I already covered this in my initial post. Rogan was accused of being transphobe in order to tar Bernie to renounce his endorsement. This is disingenuous since Rogan is not a transphobe, which exposes the whole stunt as a bad faith attack. You seemed to be under some impression that those accusations against Rogan had merit from your OP.

You then provided an unrelated link to a NY Times piece on his retraction of his endorsement of Cenk Uygur. That was over disingenuous attacks against Cenk for being a misogynist over a Republican worldview he’d long since renounced from 21 years ago.

Can i mention the ‘planet of the apes’ comment?

ok

I get that you’re a TYT fan, but I thought that this was addressed.

Would you have a problem with Rogan or Cenk’s comments, if they were said by Biden?

You mean the one where, if you bother to watch the whole clip, he immediately corrected himself by saying “no that’s racist”? For someone who acknowledges how purists want everyone to act right, it sounds like you’re adopting the purist position.

Does it matter that he’s adopted a number of African American kids?

No, next question

Sanders surrogates went after Biden about his southern senators and busing comments.

Are you saying that freedom of speech shouldn’t be used against a candidate or a surrogate?

That’s all I got. I’m for Warren, lol.

Was it over a worldview he’d already renounced like Cenk? If so, then no.

Is it over a comment he’d made and immediately self corrected for like Rogan? Then no.

Intent matters. I never cared for the busing attacks on Biden, but iirc that was Harris that launched those attacks.

k

About the apology, no, but k.

Just to be clear, I wasn’t expecting an apology because you’re not obligated to apologize when you get it wrong.

That’s just it, I didn’t get it wrong.

It just that the first gives me the right to walk away from this conversation.

But you were. Contrary to your OP Rogan didn’t walk back his “endorsement” that he’d probably vote for Bernie and you could provide no justifiable reason for why Bernie should renounce Rogan’s endorsement.

But I get you have too much pride to admit you were wrong even while recognizing you were being disingenuous about having your apology card ready.

Though I’m waiting on a Lyft, I still have time to ‘bullet point’ this.

You earlier said that the IOC and Rogan were on the same page about transgender athletes. That’s of course is a lie and not even Martina (who isn’t fond of the idea) is on the same page as him.

You said that Cenk’s comments were in the past and going after them, is being disingenuous. This is however ‘the receipts era’ and though I can really prove that point, nah.

You suggested that Rogan being a 21c Phillip Drummond should excuse for any bad behavior. You also said that Rogan disavowed his ‘planet of the apes’ comment, as racist. You however didn’t bring up a link.

I’m the guy who is wearing a (figurative) bag over his head and looking up crow recipes.

I blame Bloomberg for that, but I also blame myself.

Back to you though, whatever you say.

You earlier said that the IOC and Rogan were on the same page about transgender athletes. That’s of course is a lie and not even Martina (who isn’t fond of the idea) is on the same page as him.

What I meant is that there’s a recognition by IOC that transwomen athletes have unfair competitive advantages over women that were born biological females (mirroring what Rogan has said on the topic) which is why IOC has tried to tighten up requirements. I’m not sure how you can even deny this when this is a fact grounded in biology, not transphobia. I’m left to conclude you’re deliberately trying to deflect from the fact that Rogan’s position is entirely reasonable and the attacks on him unjustified because you have too much pride to admit being wrong.

I said that it’s a past that he’s already publicly answered to and shown contrition numerous times, which is WHY it is disingenuous to continue to attack him for it. Do you really fail to see the distinction? In fact, Cenk had just appeared on Cuomo who gave him a half hour on national TV to explain himself on specifically this topic about a week before those groups then disingenuously demanded Bernie retract his endorsement for views Cenk held 21 years ago. How much time and self flagellation do you expect out of the guy? Sheesh. And again, Cenk had nothing to do with your original false statements that Rogan walked back his support of Bernie (which is just factually wrong and you’ve revealed you have too much pride to admit despite fraudulently brandishing an apology card) or why Bernie should reject Rogan’s endorsement. I’m left to assume you brought up Cenk to deflect from how weak your original point was on Rogan. I told you to finish watching the clip you cited yourself.

That’s not the case

It is. The very Guardian Article you cited explains a delay because the scientists could not agree to the details on what the requirements could be. Did you read the article you cited?

The fact that transwomen have elevated testosterone levels is undeniable. Why are trying to deny this?

You’re a terrible ‘air juggler’.

Anything else?

lolz. You mean when you originally started juggling by bringing up the non sequitur of Cenk? Stop projecting.

That’s why the IOC threw the onus back to the federations.

What they said and Rogan had previously stated are two separate things.

Anything else?

Be right back

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available