Bloomberg Video On Trans Rights Surfaces | Talking Points Memo

Another controversy has unfolded ahead of former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg’s first Democratic presidential debate appearance Wednesday night.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1291853

Damn, I thought the oppo research on Bernie would turn up a lot. Looks like Bloomberg has a video record 10x as long.

You know who doesn’t have a lot of this kind of stuff on tape? Warren, Klobuchar, and Buttegieg.

22 Likes

When do we get the oppo on Grandpa Simpson? Or is he getting some temporary reprieve as the frontrunner so they can unload on him later? Got to sell papers, ad space, get clicks.

9 Likes

So, I’ve just come back from an afternoon of desert photography in the Tucson Mountains. Usual boring afternoon, eh?

23 Likes

Too bad I can’t watch the debate live tomorrow, and will have to settle for the highlights.

Oh, FFS, can all we half-sentient people agree that all of this kerfuffle is bullshit, and that neither Bloomberg (from the right) nor Bernie (from the left) will be the nominee?

Because if we can’t agree that, say hello to Trump 2020-24.

3 Likes

The resurfacing of Bloomberg’s remarks in 2019 comes just hours after the campaign released a video [that] pledges his commitment to “inclusivity” for “LGBT+ youth.”

Well, he certainly has learned a lot in one year …

18 Likes

Exactly. Bernie and Bloomberg will tank the Democrats. Biden’s gaffes are fairly harmless, Klobuchar has none (except, OMG she was tough on staff), and Mayor Pete is inexperienced. The fact that two old men who have never been Democrats think they can steal this ticket burns the fucking pants off of me. I wish Bernie would drop dead and Bloomberg’s fucking awful past will come back to haunt him. He BOUGHT a third term as NYC mayor. The guy has no scruples. Come on Dems. Let’s get back to basics.

14 Likes

Why don’t the Ds try recruiting Kasich or Jeb Bush? Hey, Mitt Romney is a rich guy who opposes Trump and should appeal to Ds who really want an R, why not ask him?

10 Likes

Bernie and Buttigieg are the only Dem candidates who the Rs aren’t screwing with. This should be interesting.

3 Likes

To be fair, no one has touched Bernie yet (a bit baffling to be honest) but when the GOP turns their propaganda machine on him it’s going to get ugly fast, the only question will be who the Bernie supporters blame, the GOP or the rest of the Democratic party (not a hard question actually).

That said, Bloomberg keeps stepping in his self-made piles of shit on a daily basis, hope he slips and face plants in it for tomorrows debate.

7 Likes

Not the same. Bloomberg was a Dem before he was a Repub. And now he’s a Dem again. Bernie is not even a Dem.

4 Likes

Fighting fire with fire? Or “Find a dog who’ll eat at a dog?” (H/T “l Claudius”).
—————
Tiberius: Not that I know of.
Caligula: Isn’t that a terrible comment on our times, Uncle? On the other hand, if you can’t find a man of integrity, I always say look for a man of ambition. Find a dog who’ll eat a dog .

10 Likes

Maybe just don’t vote for them, plus hate everyone who does.

9 Likes

No, I won’t vote for them, but why the comment about hating people. What’s your problem?

I think maybe it was a joke…

2 Likes

sure hope the dems don’t burn down the house with this in fighting…
as in house of representatives for starters.
While also blowing up the path to the White House.
the gop commercial machine is primed and ready with way to much money available.

3 Likes

For oppo researchers this dude is the broadside of a barn. He’s got to go. Stick to writing checks.

1 Like

Three observations - ONLY Sanders and Bloomberg are RISING in the polls today - everyone else is falling like a rock - even Mayor Pete. Second, Sanders is a weak front-runner with a ceiling of about 25-30%. That is not enough to win the majority of the pledged delegates - there are no winner-take-all primaries on the Democratic Party. Third, Bloomberg has a $2B+ war chest and knows precisely how to get under Trump’s skin. Trump will not be able to compete with Bloomberg’s general election campaign.

Getting Trump out of the WH and into the Big House is Job #1. Bloomberg may be an SOB, but he’s OUR SOB. That will likely be enough for him to win on the second ballot on the Convention Floor. Having Bloomberg in charge is a lot less nerve-wracking then Trump.

17 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available