Biden Unveils Economic Plan To Tackle Racial Inequality

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — Joe Biden unveiled a plan Tuesday to ensure that the nation’s post-pandemic economic recovery is built around promoting racial equality, promising to dramatically spur investment in Black-owned small businesses and encourage home ownership while closing wealth gaps among minority communities.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1322955
1 Like

ETA Despite its believability, this turned out be fake.

ICYMI Here’s your laugh for the day:

Toadglans’ campaign announced its speakers for new scaled down Republican Convention. Ted Nugent, Scott Baio, Antonio Sabato Jr, and Diamond and Silk will all appear virtually in Zoom boxes before Trump’s acceptance speech.

16 Likes

Say it ain’t so Joe, you’ve got plans and things. I bet you even have a few binders with plans in them.

4 Likes

Real laughs would be Kanye, Kim, and Kid Rock. The other KKK of the Trump campaign…

11 Likes

No Herman Cain from his hospital bed?

6 Likes

He couldn’t give a firm commitment to being alive by then. For the rest of them a hearty womp womp. That’s literally the most pathetic lineup of speakers I’ve ever heard. I’d never even heard of the underwear model, but—an underwear model? Seriously?

16 Likes

I pity the suburban “housewives” who may now have to deal with people who do not look like them having the means to buy decent homes in “their” neighborhoods. Is it enough to send them fleeing back into the arms of Fearless Leader/Current Occupant? Only the ballot box knows for sure.

9 Likes

Trump prefers people who don’t wimp out by getting covid and becoming crisis actors (on ventilators).

4 Likes

Planning is for sissies.

3 Likes

No Mike Flynn?

1 Like

Why, just today Barack sent me a nice letter about Joe, and he spoke about corruption, carelessness, self dealing, misinformation and just plain meanness. The person who can change is this is “my friend and former vice president, Joe Biden.” Joe himself sent me an equally nice note yesterday. How can I say no to two charmers.

13 Likes

There’s a trumpite named O’Brien who’s a national security adviser and has developed the virus and better yet has been in close contact with COVIDIOT. I’m hoping for the best outcome imaginable.

12 Likes

I can’t say, but I think the gullible racist vote is already in the bag, and the actual college-educated suburban women he’s angling for hate him with the heat of a thousand suns.

14 Likes

You are not a humorless person…so I cannot exclude snark.

1 Like

You forgot the “My Pillow” guy!!

5 Likes

Uh oh. You and those of us who trust in you have been had.

Facebook and Instagram users are passing around a satirical tweet that Trump’s most prominent speakers at this year’s virtual Republican National Convention will include pro-Trump celebrities like rockstar Ted Nugent as well as Facebook personalities Diamond and Silk.

@epicurus @mattinpa @emiliano4

12 Likes

Yes. Astounding lineup. But then his 2016 lineup was astounding too. And look at where we are.

Register. Contribute. Vote. Campaign from home. We can’t let this stupid, immoral, incompetent, and relentlessly cruel grifter make his way back into the Oval Office accompanied by his thieving relatives.

2 Likes

Well, we’re in Onion territory where joke and reality are pretty close to indistinguishable.

11 Likes

OK, but the list is about what I would expect.

6 Likes

Biden’s proposals highlight the fact that Trump has very little to offer except bigotry, corruption, lawlessness and fear.

John Heilemann last week gave Trump until the last of August to get it together on COVID…and I sense that Barr’s appearance before Congress today was somehow connected to that fear.

Among the people he has fronting for him (Navarro, Kudlow, the goofs in Congress) Barr is the most consequential. Maybe, reasons Trump, the savvy Barr used to wreck the DOJ can somehow give him some sort of edge…negating his near-total failure on COVID.

8 Likes