Biden To Announce A New Vaccination Campaign As Uptake Rate Declines | Talking Points Memo

President Biden met his first COVID-19 vaccination goal: 200 million doses in the first hundred days.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1372610

I’m glad to see this. I hope the Biden administration has as much success with this goal as with previous goals, for all our sakes.

10 Likes

Gee, Biden keeps on accomplishing his goals, it’s so refreshing for a change. Though I have to admit I didn’t want to see Donnie accomplishing his, but it is fun to rub it in his supporters’ faces.

4 Likes

Amazing what simple competence can do, especially when every government action doesn’t have to pass through the filter of “can we grift it?”.

10 Likes

And somehow manages to do so without casting those who stand in opposition as mortal enemies of the republic.

7 Likes

Listening to NPR earlier and they were saying the US will unlikely reach “herd immunity” because it’s unlikely enough people willl get the vaccine. I hope they are wrong.

6 Likes

The Biden be praised. This is badly, badly needed.

5 Likes

July 4th, way to go Joe! Ride it for all it’s worth Democrats. YES, you CAN take credit for lives saved.

6 Likes

Ah, thoughtful, competent, no frills governance. We missed you!!

4 Likes

My little town is over 70% vaccinated and we still wear our masks all over the place, indoors and outdoors. We have determined that great swaths of the country are populated with morons who are fucked in the head. Nothing else makes sense.

12 Likes

246 million doses having been administered as of this writing

Gosh, that’s a LOT more than 74 million Trump votes.

Biden is winning bigly now ; - )

2 Likes

In the not too distant future, we’re all going to need to be revaccinated. I wonder whether there will be government money for that effort.

3 Likes

Though thanks to Fox “News” and the likes of Rush Limbaugh, R.I.P.*, Trump’s supporters believe he did accomplish his goals.

* Rot In Perpetuity

If the vaccine hesitancy rate stays at it is, that would be likely, but only if children remain unvaccinated as well. Once children have been approved (and I just saw a headline saying Pfizer’s vaccine is expecting imminent approval from the FDA for kids 12-15), that will help drive up the numbers toward herd immunity levels too (providing that their parents get them vaccinated).

A lot of the media coverage seems pretty stupid around these sorts of things. “If everything stays entirely static from this exact moment, it won’t end well! Everybody panic! Don’t expect new data or new initiatives to change the reality of the situation!”

5 Likes

With all the apparent ignorant fear of the vaccines, perhaps we should have found a way to modify mosquitoes to deliver the vaccine.

1 Like

Good Job Joe!

3 Likes

Let’s also keep reminding our friends and neighbors that, but for the 2020 election, that piece of traitorous garbage and its heinous minions would have succeeded in killing nearly a million of us by now. When the dust settles, we need to ensure that Dump’s name is FOREVER associated with the senseless loss of half a million Americans.

4 Likes

But will children be allowed to safely hug their recently vaccinated parents for more than 5 seconds without the risk of getting vaccine cooties?

1 Like

You’re on to something. Maybe it would be faster if they could add it to the red dye in the MAGA hats. Downfall, skulls too thick to absorb.

1 Like

And recall he wants credit for creating the vaccine yet we learned, after he left office that he got the vaccine but chose not to announce it publicly.
Effing ghoul.

4 Likes

The media will certainly amplify the fear, but the message from epidemiologists weighing in on this is generally not good. Have to remain positive none the less and encourage more to get vaccinated, but herd immunity does seem to be slipping away. The people getting one shot and not going back for the second are what perplex me the most. I at least can understand where the antivaxxers are coming from with their distrust of the pharma industry. Especially within the African American community.
But only getting the one shot, and skipping the second? WTH?