Biden Plans To Meet With McCarthy, But They Won’t Be Discussing The GOP’s Future | Talking Points Memo

White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Tuesday said that President Biden’s meeting with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) — which will come shortly after the conference moves to oust Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) from her leadership position — won’t focus on the future of the Republican Party.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1373566

Well, that didn’t take long to see how strife in the republican caucus apparently means that the Dems are in Disarray.

20 Likes

Biden Plans To Meet With McCarthy, But They Won’t Be Discussing The GOP’s Future

If they did it would be a short discussion.

12 Likes

…Psaki added that the hope is for Biden and McCarthy to find common ground when it comes to the infrastructure package that the President is trying to push through Congress…

5 Likes

Psaki added that the hope is for Biden and McCarthy to find common ground when it comes to the infrastructure package that the President is trying to push through Congress.

Somehow I don’t think the House will be an issue with passing the infrastructure package, and if Qevin has any influence in the senate it is negative.

9 Likes

Biden isn’t responsible for the Republican party and their bickering. It’s also irrelevant to his policies as it doesn’t really matter which Republican is in charge…all of them will oppose everything he’s trying to do, and all will complain that Biden isn’t doing enough to “work with” people who will refuse to work with him.

It sure would be nice if the press reported the reality instead of the Republican propaganda.

14 Likes

Yep, reminds me of “India has a covid crisis and it’s Biden’s fault”.

Who posed the question? Foxtard, newsmackser, or an oananist?

10 Likes

Hey, you didn’t see Biden lock down the U.S. last year, just like he didn’t order India locked down this spring.

Sleeping on the job.

5 Likes

Yes. What an inane question that was, no matter who asked it.

Biden’s been around (and around and around) the ol’ national politics block; I don’t know how long McCarthy has been in Congress. So, I think all, if anything, Biden might say to McCarthy about his caucus is just hand him this Far Side cartoon: farside-stimulus-response

10 Likes

It would seem to be delusional…Jen saying that “common ground” is sought with Qev …and, yet, we know neither Psaki (nor her bosses) seem delusional…

4 Likes

So the Kremlin gave McCarthy the go ahead.

4 Likes

“…The GOP’s Future.”

Boris: “Nothingness…non-existence…black emptiness…”

Sonja: “What did you say?”

Boris: “Oh, I was just planning my future.”

(“Worse than the chicken at Tresky’s.”)

9 Likes

One unnamed lawmaker told Playbook that he might vote against McCarthy for the speaker position due to his “weak leadership,”

My my my, just look at how many chickens these hens just laid!

5 Likes

Qevin’s tea is so weak, you can make it with the proper ratio of hydrogen and oxygen.

6 Likes

Hydrogen water: It’s a gas.

6 Likes

“The focus of this meeting is not on the future of the Republican Party,” Psaki replied.

“The President doesn’t have any time to waste on hopeless causes,” she continued.

8 Likes

Will McCarthy bring his coloring book?

4 Likes

Yep, but his only crayon is white.

9 Likes

Extremely stupid wannabe glorified hack meets with seasoned pol.
This should work out well.

4 Likes

“The focus of this meeting is not on the future of the Republican Party,” Psaki replied.

In other words, “Why relitigate the future?”

2 Likes