Behind The Putsch: Video Of Trumps Jamming To ‘Gloria’ Before Inciting Mob | Talking Points Memo

Doubtful, he couldn’t coordinate a 2 car funeral. Stephen Miller, OTOH…

6 Likes

no they won’t

2 Likes

Is Abe Vigoda still alive?

2 Likes

Was that the version covered by one of the other bands?

Youtub ban in 3, 2, 1…

Not to be “that guy” but:

Contra the title, this was not a putsch. According to MW, a putsch is “a secretly plotted and suddenly executed attempt to overthrow a government”. There was nothing secret about the plotting of this insurrection/coup attempt.

Okay, I am “that guy” and want to speak to the manager. And get off my lawn.

6 Likes

There are so many versions, and I don’t mean covers. At least 3 pop/rock ones I can think of, this, written and sung by Van Morrison and covered by many others, Branigan’s, and U2’s. Then there’s Gloria In Exelcis Deo. And Gloria Gaynor. And the daughter in All in the Family.

2 Likes

They will, for some values of soon. As in maybe, sometime during the second year in prison.

4 Likes

Is anybody she’s given a lap dance to?

5 Likes

Actually, he can. It seems that all felonies in DC are prosecuted as federal crimes, and are thus presidentially pardonable.

1 Like

Interesting thought, though not all of it, just positions 2 through 4. After that it’s cabinet secretaries.

3 Likes

As I learned earlier, “It’s only a coup if it’s from the coup d’état region of France, otherwise it’s just sparkling white terrorism.”

12 Likes

This song reminds me of a strip club in El Paso in 1985. Disgusting to see it used by these sleaze ball Trumps.

2 Likes

And maybe even pepper sprayed!

In the early 80s, my wife, then only 16, was waiting tables at a posh country club in her town. This nasty old rake grabbed her ass, and she turned around and dumped a whole tray of beverages in the bastard’s lap! He was furious, but the host saw the whole thing and covered for her. Bravo!

9 Likes

Since the Capitol Police are in charge of Federal property and trump is “credited” with being in charge of the Federal Government it isn’t hard to imagine a WH Aide or trump himself letting the Capitol Police know they should be kind to his supporters, not matter what they did.

Also – don’t know where I read it (maybe here?) that the police sequestered Pence, Pelosi and Grassley together – in other words, the line of succession – together?

4 Likes

Well, I happen to know that Keiffer Sutherland is next in line because he is the best!

3 Likes

I was thinking about: https://youtu.be/i19d1QnstsA?t=79

1 Like

Empty threat. He’d never get a grip with those tiny hands on that greaseball’s slimy hair.

Chickens (and hawks, eagles, vultures and everything else) coming home to Roost for TrumpWorld.

1 Like

Or Patti Smith’s rawer punk version of the Van Morrison hit.

1 Like