Behind The Putsch: Video Of Trumps Jamming To ‘Gloria’ Before Inciting Mob | Talking Points Memo

And lets not forget “The Entrance of the Giuliani” to “Macho Uomo”

These guys seem to reside permanently in the 80s.

14 Likes

I don’t think Trump thinks, he reacts, he has no impulse control. I sometimes think of Trump as Scarlett O’Hara and her fiddle dee-dee.

5 Likes

or anywhere else

6 Likes

Has to do with the licensing. Every artist who has control of their music and has caught them playing it at any rallies has banned them from doing it. A bunch of the 70s disco-era stuff is under different licensing where they can pay the fee, and the artist has no say in whether someone who has paid the appropriate fee can use their music.

7 Likes

Pffft!

Them Trumps got no taste.

This is Gloria:

11 Likes

CNN says a Capitol Policeman has died from injuries sustained yesterday.

9 Likes

So much for trump’s folks being Blue Lives Matter.

9 Likes

He wants to avoid impeachment again.

9 Likes

Fuck him. He needs to follow the Capitol Police Chief who just resigned.

17 Likes

Capitol Police Chief Sund will resign effective Jan. 16.

6 Likes

Holy fucking cow. I had an image in mind of the Dump just coming out of his office on a whim and ad-libbing. But this event was planned.
Don’t let him off the hook. Don’t just impeach. He needs to be prosecuted.
Not just him. Take out the whole fucking nest of 'em.

10 Likes

Exactly. Trump’s attempts at toning it down are worth exactly zero rasbucknicks.

7 Likes

OTOH, trump should release a video, NOW.

There’s literally nothing he can say that won’t light fires under 25th and impeachment calls.

He won’t backtrack his love of his supporters, for sure. Kayleigh may have tipped his hand in her earlier remarks where they compared this to BLM…

7 Likes

From CNN:

"Former Republican Secretary of State Colin Powell dismissed growing calls for invoking 25th Amendment or an impeachment of President Trump as a “distraction,” saying lawmakers should instead be focused on a successful transition.

“It really doesn’t excite me,” said the retired four-star general, when asked about removing Trump. “We’ve got about 13 days to go? Nothing will really happen in that 13-day period. Let’s let it play out.” "

Oh, okay. All is well then. Everybody back to your desks. Life is good. Tra-la-tra-la. Ooh look, is that a donut with sprinkles?

Jeezus!

13 Likes

Perhaps, on the video, he’ll threaten to cut Jr.’s head off with a big knife to prove he is sincere.

5 Likes

Powell is a “good” Republican. (not to be confused with a good Republican - a rare bird indeed)

Nothing will really happen in that 13-day period. Let’s let it play out .” "

No. We may not see another storming of the Capitol (although it’s completely possible), but more damage takes place every day.

I had a fair amount of respect for Powell, but it is gone with that statement.

9 Likes

Well… If he does follow through, I’ll reluctantly support allowing him to finish out his term.

3 Likes

Pretty sure there was a core group who had dreams of capturing the Speaker or other Democrats and putting them on “Trial.” The same fantasy held by Gov. Whitmer’s would-be kidnappers.

17 Likes

Oh, there were multiple groups on this one. There were the kidnappers, the spies, the opportunists…

Unravelling the threads is going to take quite a long time.

10 Likes

Shit.

3 Likes