Appeals Court Leaves Key Case Hanging For Seven Years

And drop off all the new Russian defectors in the Maralago parking lot while I’m at it.

1 Like

Just curious: what was the specific residency restriction that kept McGuire from living with his spouse?

1 Like

I don’t know any specifics of this case, but generally proximity to schools seems like a safe bet. Even if the offenders don’t have a record targeting children, it seems like it’s common for registered offenders to have to live far from schools (just in case, apparently).

1 Like

Of course it doesn’t matter apparently that national security, which sometimes requires something be done in a less than “deliberative process”, is deep in this mix. Trump must have his delay to figure out how to get his thumb out of his ass.

At some point someone with authority over Judge Cannon ( if someone like that even exists) needs to ream her out face to face. I realize she has a lifetime appointment but does that give her the right to damage national security if she is so moved? The bias judge Cabbon exhibits is astounding.

1 Like

You know what? They don’t have to take up a case on appeal. If they weren’t going to rule on this, they should have just stayed out of it. This much time passing? Well excuse me, it looks like they’re in the tank for someone.

1 Like

No really. Seven years after his indictment Ken Paxton still has not been tried on securities fraud.

4 Likes

The thing about homeless sex offenders is that the authorities generally have no idea where they are living.

It’s probably why they were/are being asked to check in every week. To try to let the Government track them.

2 Likes

Even NYC civil court and housing court is far more expeditious than the 11th circuit. Currently Queens civil court has a two year backlog due to the pandemic.

2 Likes

Totally aberrant.

2 Likes

A direct appeal from the district court, on a novel constitutional issue no less… How do they simply refuse to take the case? Where would that leave the case? How could the movant seek treview by the Stupremes?

Oh, and a minor detail that might could be at home in the lede, maybe:

Was the dc’s order stayed pending appeal, either by the dc or by the panel?

Is it a secret, @josh_kovensky?

Asked? I don’t think that’s the appropriate word. Maybe ordered would be strong enough. But given that said homeless person must present himself at two agencies, not likely located near each other, each week, and given that a homeless person just might be without transportation, I would favor this:

Extorted

2 Likes

The article also fails to note that the Hon. William J. Pryor of the 11th Circuit…

… is a former Attorney General of the State of Alabama.

1 Like

They’re still trying to serve him the subpoena.

1 Like

The 11th Circuit issued its opinion at 5;01 today. So you jerked the Courts chain. btw it ruled against Mr McGuire.

2 Likes

Could you be a little more explicit? Are you referring to the timing, substance or both?

1 Like

It means that shit like this never happens.

1 Like

FIFY? :thinking: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Good scoop, Josh K!

1 Like

Yes. All fascists are gangsters. They think and act like gangsters. The impunity of Inner Party members generally, and Outer Party members when they are serving the Party is axiomatic, unless and until they have the misfortune to get themselves purged. At which point any actual crimes they’ve committed may actually be included in the list of crimes at the show trial. If there is a show trial.

But common street criminals, rapists, burglars, arsonists, and murderers, black marketeers (periodically and conditionally), free lance swindlers and embezzlers, etc? They get rapid and impersonal dispensation of brutality that will be called “justice,” along with a bunch of people who committed no crime at all but got caught up in the machine or simply filled a need for an exemplary execution.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available