AP: 2nd Embassy Staffer Overheard Call In Which Trump Asked Sondland About Investigations | Talking Points Memo

Two embassy staffers in Kyiv, not just one, overheard a phone call in which President Donald Trump asked EU Ambassador Gordon Sondland about “the investigations,” the Associated Press reported Thursday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1262198
1 Like

Jesus H. Christ. Is there anybody who DIDN’T hear this call?

Bueller?..Bueller?..Buelller?

49 Likes

I’d like to hear both of them testify first on the day scheduled for Sondland, who’s probably not sleeping very well this week.

45 Likes

The waiter, Boris Badenov, could not be located for comment.

61 Likes

Even the Russians eavesdropping on this said…I’m sorry, what is Russian for “Can you believe this moron?”

45 Likes
12 Likes

“The President told reporters Thursday that he didn’t recall the conversation.”

Maybe he’ll recall when one of many foreign intelligence services releases a recording of it.

(ETA: What are the odds that Sondland starts invoking The Fifth next week?)

58 Likes

Makes you wonder if Jr. ever managed to secure those off the record communications with Russia and if so what goes on in those calls…

8 Likes

Damn. My browser is too old.

Schiff will subpoena Putin for the recording by end of work today.

21 Likes

A Charlie-Foxtrot of a Charlie-Foxtrot.

14 Likes

On the other hand, why release it when you can use it to get the US to attack an annoying neighboring country for you just to prevent its release?

26 Likes

Schiff will subpoena Putin for the recording by end of work today.

…and then Trump will claim Executive Privilege, since Vlad is his boss.

28 Likes

POTUS bribed new Ukrainian President with Congressional approved military aid unless he announced via the media (yes the media that he hates but actually loves) that Biden was being investigated because of a corrupt company Burisma whose owner stole money and then exiled himself to Russia.

Maybe Hunter Biden was a mole on the Board to sniff out any hints of drift away from anti-corruption efforts within Board and directed at the company.

I know I am making this up, but how is this any less plausible than WH, POTUS, Guiliani, and GOP talking points that Hunter Biden was wrongfully appointed to the board (because he no qualifications other than being the son of US VP) and then VP Biden demanded anti-corrpution efforts to go forward (because without it they would not get support from the World Bank) with the justice system of Ukraine. As has been said many times, VP Biden was acting in concert with those at the State Dept, those at the DOJ, and those allies in the European community that wanted to continue to build a bridge to Ukraine to foster democracy and isolate Russia.

12 Likes

@fargo116 Penguins?

…possibly didn’t hear the Call (Southern Hemisphere)

7 Likes

Agreed. Nobody is going to use their copy unless it furthers some end of theirs.

They’d rather keep it under wraps, hope that Trump lies about it, then hold the release over his head as blackmail.

16 Likes

Sondland is in a very public box.

41 Likes

FIFY

37 Likes

Russia, if you are listening …

14 Likes

This is a fucking clown show

22 Likes