Another One Bites the Dust: Dr. Oz Takes Back His Election Denial - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Yet another election denier on the campaign trail has reversed his position as the general elections inch closer. TV personality-turned-Senate hopeful Mehmet Oz announced that he doesn’t actually think the 2020 election was illegitimate, despite courting true believers in the past.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1433915

Republicans. You just can’t trust them.

32 Likes

and that he’ll accept the results of the 2022 election

With Bolduc, Oz, and their ilk, why should anyone believe this for a second? The have demonstrated they will change their stated position to whatever their audience wants to hear. They might say “I won’t eat your baby,” but if they get hungry, you would be crazy to let them anywhere near your tot.

57 Likes

Just assume that whatever Dr. Oz is saying, he’s lying.

And then take it from there.

39 Likes

“Someone” out there needs to inform the Goopers that the Internet is forever and the Wayback Machine has old versions of their websites. They can’t go on the stump and say they were never for criminalizing abortion, or that TFG won re-election. Or, in the words of pre-teen girls everywhere – NO BACKSIES!

22 Likes

Well, they can (and will) try to shove their old positions down the memory hole. It’s up to the Dems to make sure they keep resurfacing.

Maybe time to dig out those old flip-flops the Rs loved to wave at John Kerry.

20 Likes

So it was all a sham? Wow!

“Please, Mehmet, quit calling my baby ‘Tater.’”

22 Likes

Brittany Yanick isn’t running for office.

A reporter needs to directly ask Oz: who won the 2020 election ? and were there any problems with the 2020 election?

14 Likes

Oz & Mastriano a pair of Douches!

40 days of fasting
… and if Mastriano so much as eats a slice of pizza - it should be viewed a form of a concession speech

41 Likes

Typical Oz, you cannot believe nor trust the man behind the curtain.

9 Likes

For the benefit of the Islamsphobes and Christian evangelists in PA, Oz’s first name Mehmet is Turkish for Mohammed.
Hope that’s helpful.

26 Likes

Perhaps Mastriano should build an ark, too.

Because his campaign is just about underwater.

17 Likes

The only thing known for sure is that these folks will say just about anything to get into power…

8 Likes

OH Look Mastriano gets some money from a loyal friend ! His old buddy GAB!

14 Likes

$500 !!!

That’ll turn things around.

13 Likes

and this too!

ultra-orthodox rabbi who expresses sympathy for Capitol rioters… and believes Hitler was part lizard

15 Likes

“Those are my principles. If you don’t like them, I have others.” Groucho Marx.

38 Likes

His very own Ramadan. The horror!

6 Likes

This is all great fodder for Dem ad buys, which, from what I’ve seen, they are using to great effect. Oz was for election denial until he was against it. The guy needs a serious intervention by friends and family. Sit him down and tell him that, yes, his shit really does stink. If he really wants to help the country, he should donate all his mansions, except for his real home in NJ, to charitable causes, start a foundation, and stop trying to be a political hack. As talented as he is, he just ain’t no political hack.

5 Likes

If Oz is elected PA is down to one Senator.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available