Alabama Newspaper Editor Who Endorsed KKK Replaced As Owner

The infamous smalltime Alabama newspaper owner known for his endorsement of the Ku Klux Klan’s terrorism has left the ink industry.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1235182
1 Like

Can we do the same thing with all the other so-called “news” outlets owned and run by right-wing nut jobs?

3 Likes

Sutton told the Montgomery Adviser that the terrorist group “didn’t kill but a few people” and “wasn’t violent until they needed to be.

#thistimeline

3 Likes

Only the best.

1 Like

Oh noes who will endorse Roy and Sassy this time around?

5 Likes

Sale is a bit of a moot point. The KKK racist was keeping the paper afloat with family money as I remember, so it will be a hard slog for the new owners to dig out from that. Assuming they are any better.

1 Like

I used to assume that a person like Sutton would be replaced by somebody less horrible.

2 Likes

Did he miss his invitation to yesterday’s social media summit? I see a real future for him on line. He’s probably out getting tweet lessons right now,

4 Likes

This sounds like a feel good story, but I hope the new owner knows what he is getting himself into. Publishing a small town newspaper is difficult at best. Doubly so in this online era.

2 Likes

The RNC?

5 Likes

It must have been hard to read a newspaper printed with white ink on white paper.

4 Likes

Some RW billionaire should have bought it for Jacob Wohl. He could make a go of it, being the genius that he is.

1 Like

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Of course, he’s now in the running to join the Trump “administration.”

1 Like

Nah, he’s judge material.

2 Likes